Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Communications Framework (ECF) » [ECF/R-OSGi] java.lang.IllegalAccessError after 16 remote service calls
[ECF/R-OSGi] java.lang.IllegalAccessError after 16 remote service calls [message #990861] Fri, 14 December 2012 14:59 Go to next message
ben ben is currently offline ben benFriend
Messages: 28
Registered: June 2012
Junior Member
Hi,

I use R-OSGi over ECF to call remote services.

After EXACTLY 16 remote calls on the same service, I systematically get this :

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor15 cannot access its superclass sun.reflect.MethodAccessorImpl


Restarting client or service provider solves the problem. It looks like there is a limitation on number of calls on the same service.

Someone has an idea ?

Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 December 2012 15:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [ECF/R-OSGi] java.lang.IllegalAccessError after several remote service call [message #990881 is a reply to message #990861] Fri, 14 December 2012 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
On 12/14/2012 03:59 PM, ben ben wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use R-OSGi over ECF to call remote services.
>
> After 14 or 15 remote calls (on the same service), I systematically get
> this :
>
> java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class
> sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor15 cannot access its superclass
> sun.reflect.MethodAccessorImpl
>
> Restarting client or service provider solves the problem.
>
> Someone has an idea ?

Hi Ben,

do you have a few more details of what your setup looks like? E.g. what
JDK, ECF version, Interface of your remote service... Ideally you would
file a bug report [1] and attach a sample project and a .launch file
that reproduces this behavior.

Thanks
Markus

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org
Re: [ECF/R-OSGi] java.lang.IllegalAccessError after several remote service call [message #990891 is a reply to message #990881] Fri, 14 December 2012 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ben ben is currently offline ben benFriend
Messages: 28
Registered: June 2012
Junior Member
JDK : 1.6
Eclipse : Indigo
ECF : 3.1
R-OSGi : 1.0.0.RC4

This problems occured on all my services, interfaces are very basic.

I use DS, bellow is an example or one of my Service Components.

If it can help, I use EObjects in service parameters/return. After several days of work I succeeded in serializing them Wink

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<scr:component xmlns:scr="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/scr/v1.1.0" enabled="true" immediate="true" name="NACA4ServiceProvider">
   <implementation class="fr.bull.ec.etm.server.service.profil.impl.ProfilsServiceImpl"/>
   <property name="service.exported.interfaces" type="String" value="*"/>
   <property name="service.exported.configs" type="String" value="ecf.r_osgi.peer"/>
   <service>
      <provide interface="fr.bull.ec.etm.etmb.model.profil.service.ProfilService"/>
   </service>
</scr:component>
Re: [ECF/R-OSGi] java.lang.IllegalAccessError after several remote service call [message #991042 is a reply to message #990891] Mon, 17 December 2012 07:41 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
On 12/14/2012 05:50 PM, ben ben wrote:
> JDK : 1.6
> Eclipse : Indigo
> ECF : 3.1
> R-OSGi : 1.0.0.RC4
>
> This problems occured on all my services, interfaces are very basic.
>
> I use DS, bellow is an example or one of my Service Components.
>
> If it can help, I use EObjects in service parameters/return. After
> several days of work I succeeded in serializing them ;)
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <scr:component xmlns:scr="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/scr/v1.1.0"
> enabled="true" immediate="true" name="NACA4ServiceProvider">
> <implementation
> class="fr.bull.ec.etm.server.service.profil.impl.ProfilsServiceImpl"/>
> <property name="service.exported.interfaces" type="String" value="*"/>
> <property name="service.exported.configs" type="String"
> value="ecf.r_osgi.peer"/>
> <service>
> <provide
> interface="fr.bull.ec.etm.etmb.model.profil.service.ProfilService"/>
> </service>
> </scr:component>
>

Hi Ben,

first of all, you are on very old version of ECF. The most recent one is
3.5.6 [1]. Can you verify that the IllegalAccessError also shows up with
ECF current too?

Second, you say that EMF EObjects are used as parameters/return values.
Do you know if this bug appeared first, when you started using them?
Lets try to isolate technologies...

Btw. do you have the complete stack trace for the
java.lang.IllegalAccessError?

Thanks
Markus

[1] http://eclipse.org/ecf/downloads.php
Previous Topic:Problem with ContainerFactory.createContainer(java.lang.String) method
Next Topic:Simple ECF Application doesnt work
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Nov 26 04:43:34 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02877 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software