Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Retrieving the SourceProvider
Retrieving the SourceProvider [message #990389] Wed, 12 December 2012 09:31
Cedric Moonen is currently offline Cedric Moonen
Hello,

I'm building an RCP application based on Eclipse Indigo.
In my application, I have a view which holds a custom widget (covering the full view) for which I want a pop-up menu. I defined this pop-up menu in my plugin.xml and for two of the commands in the menu, I need to enable/disable them depending on some state of my custom widget: the widget is a list of columns representing elements and I need to check if the mouse is over one of the column and retrieve the selection state of the elements in the column (the menu entries are select all/deselect all handlers).

However, my problem is that I don't know exactly how I can write a core expression for that, since I don't want to tie my source provider to my view (since the view can be closed and reopened).

Thus, I was thinking of doing it the other way around: that the view could retrieve the source provider and let it know when the mouse hovered over another column (and specifies whether the elements can be selected/deselected).

How can I achieve something like this ? Or is there a better approach to the problem ?

Thanks
Previous Topic:Creating a MultiPage Editor from a "Open Editor"
Next Topic:RCP PropertyTester doesn't work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 23 10:25:07 GMT 2014