Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Data type characteristics(How to find the characteristics of data type for numbers)
Data type characteristics [message #990369] Wed, 12 December 2012 08:22 Go to next message
Bastiaan ten Broeke is currently offline Bastiaan ten BroekeFriend
To create a report in Birt there is the option to select a data type for the selected and calculated numbers that are used.
For numbers the available types are Decimal, Float and Integer.
I would like to know what the characteristics of these types are.
What is the accuracy of each type and does it affect the performance and if so how much?

Where can I find these characteristics?
Re: Data type characteristics [message #990469 is a reply to message #990369] Wed, 12 December 2012 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Can you explain more about what you're wanting to know? These are just standard java/javascript types, I believe. The java.lang package.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Data type characteristics [message #990571 is a reply to message #990469] Thu, 13 December 2012 08:51 Go to previous message
Bastiaan ten Broeke is currently offline Bastiaan ten BroekeFriend
I would like to know what the significance (amount of correct numbers) is of the types Decimal and Float. By default BIRT uses float for the number I want to compute but I also heard that float types are not significant enough for calculations.
Previous Topic:Problem with Maximo getHtmlString
Next Topic:master with two sibling details from an XML data source
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:51:37 GMT 2024