Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Internal error debugging with gdb (When trying to debug with gdb in CDT, I immediately get two gdb internal errors)
Internal error debugging with gdb [message #990328] Tue, 11 December 2012 21:19 Go to next message
Kyle Niemeyer is currently offline Kyle NiemeyerFriend
I'm trying to use gdb 7.5.1 with CDT 8.1.1 (Juno 4.2.1), but when trying to debug I see the following in my console:

findvar.c:176: internal-error: extract_typed_address: type is not a pointer or reference
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Quit this debugging session? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
findvar.c:176: internal-error: extract_typed_address: type is not a pointer or reference
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Create a core file of GDB? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]

followed by my debug session terminating. This doesn't happen immediately after hitting "Debug", but appears to happen when I try to go to the "variables" window.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Re: Internal error debugging with gdb [message #990494 is a reply to message #990328] Wed, 12 December 2012 18:05 Go to previous message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
You can look in the 'gdb traces' console of Eclipse to see what is causing GDB to crash. You can then try to reproduce the problem with just GDB if you want to report it to the GDB mailing list.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#I.27ve_been_asked_for_.27gdb_traces.27.2C_where_can_I_find_them.3F

Marc
Previous Topic:.cproject file format
Next Topic:Unresolved Inclusion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:19:17 GMT 2024