Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Libra » WAR Validate Null Pointer Exception(WAR Validate fails on some projects)
WAR Validate Null Pointer Exception [message #989987] Mon, 10 December 2012 10:55 Go to next message
John Gymer is currently offline John GymerFriend
Using Eclipse 4.2.1, RAP 2.0 M3 tooling, and WAR Products (incubation) from Libra 0.2.0.201206060754... Trying to do a Validate or an Export of War Product gives this error in Eclipse Error Log:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.libra.warproducts.ui.validation.WARProductValidateAction.isBanned(WARProductValidateAction.java:152)
	at org.eclipse.libra.warproducts.ui.validation.WARProductValidateAction.validateErrors(WARProductValidateAction.java:136)
	at org.eclipse.libra.warproducts.ui.validation.WARProductValidateAction.varifyPDEErrors(WARProductValidateAction.java:121)
	at org.eclipse.libra.warproducts.ui.validation.WARProductValidateAction.verifyResult(WARProductValidateAction.java:100)
	at org.eclipse.libra.warproducts.ui.validation.WARProductValidateAction.validate(WARProductValidateAction.java:91)
	at org.eclipse.libra.warproducts.ui.validation.WARProductValidateAction.run(WARProductValidateAction.java:59)
	at org.eclipse.libra.warproducts.ui.exportwizard.ExportWARProductWizard.validateProduct(ExportWARProductWizard.java:112)
	at org.eclipse.libra.warproducts.ui.exportwizard.ExportWARProductWizard.loadProductFromFile(ExportWARProductWizard.java:93)
	at org.eclipse.libra.warproducts.ui.exportwizard.ExportWARProductWizard.loadProductFromFile(ExportWARProductWizard.java:188)
	at org.eclipse.libra.warproducts.ui.exportwizard.ExportWARProductWizard.handleFileSelection(ExportWARProductWizard.java:217)
	at org.eclipse.libra.warproducts.ui.exportwizard.ExportWARProductWizard.loadProductFromSelection(ExportWARProductWizard.java:206)
	at org.eclipse.libra.warproducts.ui.exportwizard.ExportWARProductWizard.addPages(ExportWARProductWizard.java:59)
	at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createContents(WizardDialog.java:605)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:431)
	at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1089)
	at org.eclipse.libra.warproducts.ui.editor.WARProductExportAction.run(WARProductExportAction.java:56)
	at org.eclipse.libra.warproducts.ui.editor.OverviewPage.linkActivated(OverviewPage.java:83)
	at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.FormText.activateLink(FormText.java:1552)
	at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.FormText.handleMouseClick(FormText.java:1355)
	at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.FormText.access$16(FormText.java:1326)
	at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.FormText$6.mouseUp(FormText.java:448)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:220)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

This is on one specific project.
Creating a WAR for the RAP Demo project works ok, deploys ok as a WAR into WebLogic and runs ok.

Any clue what is different about my project that is stopped the WAR tooling from running the Validate? Where to start looking?

The project runs ok as SWT Standalone, and also RWT Standalone. Haven't managed to get it running as RAP yet, but hopefully this isn't relevant.

Thanks, John

---
Just because you can doesn't mean you should
Re: WAR Validate Null Pointer Exception [message #990441 is a reply to message #989987] Wed, 12 December 2012 13:58 Go to previous message
John Gymer is currently offline John GymerFriend
Quick update... never got to the bottom of this, but once I finally got my application to run as a RAP app from within the Eclipse IDE, I wiped the existing WAR product configuration, started again, basing the new WAR configuration on the RAP run configuration, and hey presto, it is happy and working - I have my RAP application running successfully via a WAR within JBoss and WebLogic!
John

---
Just because you can doesn't mean you should
Previous Topic: [WAR Product] Cannot create WAR with Spring bundles (cycle+optionnal dependencies)
Next Topic:Current status for "/libra/milestones/" update site directory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:47:40 GMT 2024