Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [EGL] Create a folder
[EGL] Create a folder [message #989885] Sun, 09 December 2012 11:25 Go to next message
Patricia Fernández is currently offline Patricia Fernández
Hello,

[%
	for (c in Package.all()) {%]
    	[%=c.name%]; 

[%}%]

I want to create a new folder for each Package in my project, but I can't find how to do it using EGL.

For example, if I have the packages: Color and Weight. I want to have a folder ../src/Color and a folder ../src/Weight.

Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance.

PS: And it's being hard for me to find info about EGL and its operations. If you could point me to manuals or documentation about it would be appreciated.

[Updated on: Sun, 09 December 2012 11:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [EGL] Create a folder [message #989887 is a reply to message #989885] Sun, 09 December 2012 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris Kolovos
Hi Patricia,

In EGL, an appropriate folder structure should be created automatically to accommodate the generated files. For example, if you try to generate c:/foo/bar/something.txt, the foo and bar folders will be created automatically if they don't exist. If you need to explicitly create directories, I'd suggest creating a Java tool [1] that provides this functionality and calling it from EGL. The definitive EGL reference is Chapter 7 of the Epsilon book [2], however, as EGL builds on top of EOL I'd suggest going through Chapter 3 first.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/call-java-from-epsilon/
[2] http://eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/book/
Re: [EGL] Create a folder [message #989893 is a reply to message #989887] Sun, 09 December 2012 15:34 Go to previous message
Patricia Fernández is currently offline Patricia Fernández
Hi Dimitris,

Thanks so much for your help.
Previous Topic:Cross reference problem with ETL
Next Topic:Native java code Tools example
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 20 03:56:49 GMT 2014