I have Eclipse Juno installed and the CDT properly configured (To my knowledge) with the CDT and it is connected to the MinGW compiler (Other issue I fixed myself).
However I'm getting a Unresolved Inclusion error in a simple Hello World program
I'm all out of ideas and I can't seem to find decent support for Juno so if someone knows how to fix this issue I'd be glad to hear it! Thanks in advance!
Well I ended up figuring it out, the autodiscovery feature works just not for existing projects before you install MinGW. (I know I was weird and installed the CDT before MinGW) Anyways as soon as I started a new project everything worked as it should until it came time to test run my small program. That didn't work. I got fed up and uninstalled the CDT and went with another IDE. Thanks to those of you who helped me out though.
The reason why "System" is unresolved is because there is no such function... it must be all lowercase.
As for why the inclusion is unresolved, I'm unsure why automatic discovery did not work for you (and I do not have it installed on a Windows machine to test out), maybe someone else will be able to help. However, you should be able to add the path to MinGW's includes by right-clicking on the project, which will take care of your other errors.
Note that once you change the case of System, if you actually build it, it should build and run fine.
Well, the program appears to build correctly. However, when I run it I get a "Launch failed. Binary not found." issue. How exactly would I add the path to MinGW's includes? Should I try and see if it will detect Cygwin with gcc?
Edit: Are there other options out there other than using a UNIX based compiler like gcc? Say a native Windows compiler? Or is using the UNIX based one the best way to go?I'm pretty clueless on this subject as I'm new to the whole computer realm in general.
The binary issue is because you need actually select the binary you want to run. Find it in the project explorer.
Try getting the automatic discovery to work by going to Window -> Preferences -> C/C++ -> Build -> Settings -> Discovery [tab] -> [...] Builtin Compiler Settings -> Clear Entries. If that doesn't work try asking on cdt-dev.
Sorry about how short this message is, I had a much longer post typed up but then the goddamn forum logged me out and lost it and I'm too enraged to try to retype it all right now.
* look in project properties and see if the preprocessor includes has the "language settings provider" enabled.
** check if the includes folder in your project lists all compiler-provided include paths
* Try Index-Rebuild (if that doesn't take some time as a background process, restart eclipse and try again.
** there seems to be a glitch in Juno that prohibits the indexer running when you import or copy a project
BTW, you can use visual studio's compiler cl.exe if you set up your project and select the microsoft toolchain.