Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » NumberFormatException(Exception while launching report)
NumberFormatException [message #989437] Thu, 06 December 2012 08:58 Go to next message
vashi dultha is currently offline vashi dulthaFriend
while selecting REPORT through interactive viwer BIRT f/w.after selecting the column-->reorder.NumberFormatException getting in FireFox16.
The report works fine in <FireFox15 versions.But the exception shows in FF16 onwards.Is there any HTML5 parser issues.Because FireFox lower versions there is no HTML5 parser related things.Here may be the parser unable to parse the data correctly.Is there any workaround.
Re: NumberFormatException [message #989599 is a reply to message #989437] Thu, 06 December 2012 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
couldn't find the BIRT forum?
Re: NumberFormatException [message #989630 is a reply to message #989599] Fri, 07 December 2012 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Stephen,

When Perform Show or Re-order coloumns from Launch interactive viewer getting an exception with FF16.Respective screen shot attached

Issue is with 3rd party tools(Actuate BIRT). Collapse and expand of xxx results in xxx details page are not working as expected in both Mozilla 4 and 5 versions and it is working fine in Firefox 3.x version. Since html5 stricter parsing engine by default enabled in FF 4 and 5 versions and as the validation is not proper in 3rd party tools we are facing this issue. The only way to come out of this issue is by disabling html5 parser manually from Firefox config preferences.

Above also NOT helpful to resolve this issue...!!?

Thanks..
Re: NumberFormatException [message #989641 is a reply to message #989630] Fri, 07 December 2012 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
You're asking in the wrong forum.
Re: NumberFormatException [message #990213 is a reply to message #989437] Tue, 11 December 2012 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
Re: NumberFormatException [message #990215 is a reply to message #990213] Tue, 11 December 2012 13:07 Go to previous message
Hi...,

NOTE:It is JAVA only...But we are getting Exception from actuateBIRT third party which is generating report.
if u intrest will give morte details!!!!!!

Just we need to give workaround for this...........no other solution seems.......

actuate BIRT 9/10 using here...........

EXPERTS from BIRT Framework:
There is a sample database that comes with BIRT. I just figured if you could give me a report where you saw the issue, that I could run, then I'd know for sure if it was just happening to you. I don't think it'd make much difference, now that I know you're using Actuate 9/10. I'm using Actuate 11SP4, so there are probably many differences in them. Are you planning on upgrading to Actuate 11 anytime? You might file a support case for this, with Actuate support. Without having the version you're using, it'll be tough for me to do much testing on it.

Launch interactive viewer

Problem is not with data.......even there is no data...applying reorder it get an exception..!

When Perform Show or Re-order coloumns from Launch interactive viewer getting an exception with FF16.Respective screen shot attached

Issue is with 3rd party tools. Collapse and expand of xxx results in xxx details page are not working as expected in Mozilla 15 and earlier versions working fine.
May be OPINION:
Since html5 stricter parsing engine by default enabled in FF versions and as the validation is not proper in 3rd party tools we are facing this issue. Is this only way to come out of this issue is by disabling html5 parser manually from Firefox config preferences.

Above also NOT helpful to resolve this issue...!!?

Thanks......
It seems not from JAVA side.........
Previous Topic:X Server 100% cpu usage
Next Topic:Problems conecting a custom document provider to CompilationUnitEditor.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:09:07 GMT 2024