Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Problems creating Java Project from Existing Ant Buildfile
Problems creating Java Project from Existing Ant Buildfile [message #988935] Mon, 03 December 2012 16:03
Dave Johnson is currently offline Dave Johnson
I am working with swingx-ws for Java. The source code can be found here:

java.net/downloads/swingx-ws/releases/1.0/swingx-ws-1.0-src.zip

The project is unmaintained, and the package contains a few out of date dependencies. Following advice from here:
java.net/forum/topic/javadesktop/java-desktop-technologies/swinglabs/swingx-164-released#comment-824759
I'd like to:

(1) open this source in Eclipse
(2) clean up the dependencies ("organize imports" per that post, which I'm hoping/assuming Eclipse can do automagically somehow)
(3) build a JAR file out of it all.

However, I cannot even seem to get past the first step (getting it open in Eclipse). I've tried "import existing projects into workspace" and "new Java project from existing Ant buildfile," but neither seem to work.

My first attempts at using the Ant Buildfile resulted in an error about a missing javac element in build.xml. So, I added the following line near the end of the <project> element:

<javac executable="C:\eclipse\jdk1.7.0_07\bin\javac.exe"></javac>

However, now I get a new (and very vague) error, simply a pop-up stating java.lang.NullPointerException. No stack trace or anything, so I have no clue what that means in this context.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
Previous Topic:how to run different classes ?
Next Topic:EXIT 13
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 23 01:31:51 EDT 2014