Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » attaching source to third party bundles
attaching source to third party bundles [message #988574] Fri, 30 November 2012 14:55 Go to next message
Flavio Donze is currently offline Flavio DonzeFriend
Hello

I have a software which uses a TargetDefinition to gather all target bundles.
Part of that TargetDefinition is my own update site which I generate to provide third party bundles (apache common, javax, spring ...).

For this update site I have a separated workspace which is almost empty, it only contains one feature "bundlepool-feature".
The target platform of this workspace points to a local directory, where all the third party bundles are located.

In the third party directory I also have source jars (e.g. commons-io-2.4-sources.jar).
The problem, when I generate the update site, the source bundles are ignored. Which makes sense, how would eclipse now where the sources are.

To create the update site I use Export->Plug-In Development->Deployable features.
There is an options for exporting sources but this only concerns active workspace bundles.

I found documentation about attaching sources to bundles, but always about active workspace bundles.

Could somebody point me to the right documentation, has anybody had the same problems?

Greets and thanks for any help.
Flavio

Prozessmanagement und Qualitätsmanagement Software QMS/IMS
https://www.scodi.ch
Re: attaching source to third party bundles [message #990325 is a reply to message #988574] Tue, 11 December 2012 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
Source bundles are specified by a custom manifest header
http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.pde.doc.user%2Ftasks%2Fpde_individual_source.htm

The export feature wizard in PDE UI only generates source bundles for bundles that are being exported. I'm not sure if there is a way to generate source bundles for third party code using PDE Build.
Re: attaching source to third party bundles [message #990428 is a reply to message #990325] Wed, 12 December 2012 13:04 Go to previous message
Flavio Donze is currently offline Flavio DonzeFriend
Hi Curtis
This was the documentation I came across, don't see a way I would be able to attach sources to third party bundles.

Thanks for your help anyway!

Prozessmanagement und Qualitätsmanagement Software QMS/IMS
https://www.scodi.ch
Previous Topic:Exporting eclipse plugin fails under OS X Mountain Lion
Next Topic:Problem refreshing Variables View
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:48:01 GMT 2024