Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse C++ Static Analysis
Eclipse C++ Static Analysis [message #988385] Thu, 29 November 2012 17:05 Go to next message
Graham Labdon is currently offline Graham LabdonFriend
Hi
I have just updated to Eclipse Juno
When I execute C/C++ Code Analysis on my project it reports many errors(100's) that were not reported under Indigo. The reported errors are false.
If I run eclipse and pass -vmargs -Xmx1024M to increase the heap size of the jvm the number of errors is dramatically reduced.

Has anyone else experienced this or can anyone suggest what is going on?

Thanks

Re: Eclipse C++ Static Analysis [message #988405 is a reply to message #988385] Thu, 29 November 2012 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
You can go into Preferences->C/C++->Code analysis and turn off some of the type of errors. Doing that you can try to figure out what is causing the problem. For example, if you have CUTE installed, the version is not updated for Juno and its Code Analysis rules fail.

You can also look in <workspace>/.metada/.log for any exceptions or messages that may be related to the problem.

Marc
Re: Eclipse C++ Static Analysis [message #988496 is a reply to message #988405] Fri, 30 November 2012 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
I'm relatively new to Eclipse and looking at the .log file there are a number of problems reported but I don't know if they are important or relevant.
I have attached the .log file and would be grateful if you could take a look and let me know if it looks ok.

Once again thanks for your time

Graham

• Attachment: .log
    (Size: 67.41KB, Downloaded 194 times)
Re: Eclipse C++ Static Analysis [message #988585 is a reply to message #988496] Fri, 30 November 2012 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
No error jumps out at me. The exceptions I got when I used CUTE are not present in your file, so it is not the same problem. But you can still try to disable some of the checkers in Preferences->C/C++->Code analysis and see if it helps

Marc
Re: Eclipse C++ Static Analysis [message #988586 is a reply to message #988585] Fri, 30 November 2012 15:38 Go to previous message
Thanks anyway
Previous Topic:Juno CDT launching failed
Next Topic:[Windows 8] Projects aren't visible.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:35:04 GMT 2024