Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Edit/Insert plist(Modifying the default created plist on a Macintosh application)
Edit/Insert plist [message #988229] Thu, 29 November 2012 00:17 Go to next message
Paul Heiney is currently offline Paul HeineyFriend
I previously posted this on the Newcomers list, but maybe somebody over here will have a better idea.

I have a Java application that runs on Windows, Linux, and Macintosh. I use my Mac for development. I recently migrated from Xcode to Eclipse and I'm moving up the learning curve on Eclipse. I'm able to build and export the project just fine, but Eclipse seems to create a default Info.plist over which I have no control. For example, it says

<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>
<string>Myproject1.0, Copyright {user} 2004. All rights reserved.</string>

(actually, for Myproject it has the real name of my project).
This file lives in
Myproject.app/Contents

On Xcode I was able to edit Info.plist to present accurate information, as well as to add a bunch of Java-specific information. Under Eclipse, I can take that old Info.plist file and add it to either the classpath or the bundle during the export process,
but it appears under
Myproject.app/Contents/Resources/Java/Info.plist
as well as the default one which is still in Myproject.app/Contents

Is there any way to control this? I'd really like to have more control over the generated plist, either by editing the version that Eclipse produces or by copying my "good" one into the right subfolder. For one thing, it appears that if I am going to sign code to make it fully compatible with Mountain Lion I need to have direct control over some plist items.

Thanks!
Paul
Re: Edit/Insert plist [message #988333 is a reply to message #988229] Thu, 29 November 2012 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User is currently offline Eclipse UserFriend
great
Re: Edit/Insert plist [message #989686 is a reply to message #988229] Fri, 07 December 2012 10:13 Go to previous message
Paul Heiney is currently offline Paul HeineyFriend
This comment has no relationship to the question originally posted on the thread. In fact, by going through some messages posted in 2009 I have concluded that the Eclipse user has no control over the info.plist file created as part of a Macintosh application, and I am now looking at other solutions such as Jarbundler.

Paul
Previous Topic:Eclipse with Subclipse behavior against Maven file structure is strange
Next Topic:Important Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:02:04 GMT 2024