Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Add GlassFish 3.1.2 Runtime to Eclipse Juno
Add GlassFish 3.1.2 Runtime to Eclipse Juno [message #987445] Mon, 26 November 2012 16:10
Shelli Orton is currently offline Shelli OrtonFriend

Hoping I'm posting this on the right board...

I've recently installed Juno EE Edition and am trying to get my Glassfish (open source edition) server runtime set up.

I installed Glassfish separately via the zip file. My directory looks like:

In Eclipse, I installed the "Glassfish Java EE Application Server Plugin for Eclipse" which also installed "Oracle Glassfish Server Tools". These are the jars/directories that were added to my plugins directory:

- org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.db.generic_1.0.0.v201107221520.jar (which contains)
- -
- - oracle.eclipse.runtime.glassfish3122_3.1.2.201207240841.jar

I then went into my Preferences | Server | Runtim Environments to add my Glassfish server. When I choose the above path, I get the error message:

"There is no valid GlassFish installlation in the specified directory. Click the Install Server button to download and install to that directory."

I found this StackOverflow question

which indicates that the Marketplace plugin does not work with GF 3.1.2 and gives this link to get the Juno version:

The latest runtime and tools jars on that site are the ones included in the org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.db.generic_1.0.0.v201107221520.jar.

Can somebody explain to me what I've done wrong and how to get my runtime set up?
Previous Topic:export package with referenced jar's included
Next Topic:Probably JDK is not installed.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 27 11:29:29 GMT 2016