The distinction between "provided" and "required" Interfaces is not
intrinsic to the interfaces, themselves. Rather, it is in how a
Component depends on them.
A "provided" interface is nothing more than an interface that a
Component makes available to other Components by providing some
implementation of that interfaces.
A "required" interface is nothing more than an interface that a
Component needs to implement its function, which it expects to be
provided by some other component in the assembly.
Required interfaces are typically determined by the dependencies of a
Component and/or the types of its parts and its ports. Provided
interfaces are typically determined by the InterfaceRealizations of a
Component and/or the types of its parts and its ports.
On 2012-11-24 12:42:30 +0000, Laya eng said:
> hello everyone
> i want to build provided interface and required interface
> i select interface from Palette but how to make this interface provided
> or required?
> Best Regards
I've checked the handler test, and it's a little bit restrictive. The menu only appears when you right-click on a Graphical port (From the diagram). It won't be available in the ModelExplorer, nor on the port's label from the diagram.
i try to perform two cases
the first one is to specify that a component require number of operations and the second case that a component provide number of opertions required by other component
so where can i define these operation?
To manage ports required/provided interfaces, here are the steps to follow:
- Create a Port on either a Component (Component diagram) or a Class (Composite structure diagram)
- Set this Port's type to either a Class or an Interface
- Right click on the graphical representation of the Port, and select "Manage interfaces"
- Select the interfaces this Port provides (i.e. implements) and requires (i.e. depends on). Note that when the Port is typed with an Interface, this interface is automatically "Provided", and you cannot add new Provided interfaces.
So, two things to remember:
- Provided/Required are derived properties. They are derived from the type of the Port. So the Port needs a type before you can use "Manage interfaces"
- The "Manage interfaces" menu is only available on diagrams, for Composite Structure and Component diagrams. You have to right click on the graphical representation of the Port. This is a tool limitation which will need to be fixed.