|Re: types of interface [message #988805 is a reply to message #988616]
||Mon, 03 December 2012 04:58
| Camille Letavernier
Registered: February 2011
To manage ports required/provided interfaces, here are the steps to follow:
- Create a Port on either a Component (Component diagram) or a Class (Composite structure diagram)
- Set this Port's type to either a Class or an Interface
- Right click on the graphical representation of the Port, and select "Manage interfaces"
- Select the interfaces this Port provides (i.e. implements) and requires (i.e. depends on). Note that when the Port is typed with an Interface, this interface is automatically "Provided", and you cannot add new Provided interfaces.
So, two things to remember:
- Provided/Required are derived properties. They are derived from the type of the Port. So the Port needs a type before you can use "Manage interfaces"
- The "Manage interfaces" menu is only available on diagrams, for Composite Structure and Component diagrams. You have to right click on the graphical representation of the Port. This is a tool limitation which will need to be fixed.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.04606 seconds