Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » Visually appealing diagrams(EPF's ability to design diagrams with certain characteristics)
Visually appealing diagrams [message #986430] Tue, 20 November 2012 12:06 Go to next message
Paulo Azevedo is currently offline Paulo AzevedoFriend
The question I'm going to ask may be very simple, and if so, I apologize. I'm new to EPF, basicly having completed all the tutorials 1 day ago.

Within this topic I'm only interested in modelling the simplest of processes: a series of tasks with a given flow, each assigned to a role, with the possibility of decision points. Adding the relations to work products and/or guidance items is also interesting.

Essentially, what I want to do is build something that looks like this (this example comes from the book "ScrumUP - A Visual Guide to Agile IT Improvement Using Scrum, XP and RUP" and it doesn't have any decision points):

index.php/fa/12446/0/

Additionally, I would like to have this diagram done in the most automatic way possible, as in, ideally I wouldn't have to draw anything myself, but rather just assign tasks to roles and define which task precedes which. The same goes for for work products/guidance.
And last, if I could have this diagram oriented horizontally, that would be the cherry on top of the cake.

Thank you all very much in advance.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 November 2012 15:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Visually appealing diagrams [message #996744 is a reply to message #986430] Wed, 02 January 2013 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bruce MacIsaac is currently offline Bruce MacIsaacFriend
Unfortunately this kind of diagram is not supported by EPF Composer.
You can use other tools to draw any diagram you like (even adding area maps so they link to the correct places).
You can also start with an activity diagram, add the tasks, and then use geometric shapes for the other elements.
The result could be a diagram fairly similar to this, but the geometric shapes won't have hyperlinks.
Re: Visually appealing diagrams [message #1065098 is a reply to message #996744] Mon, 24 June 2013 11:26 Go to previous message
Jessica Pinto is currently offline Jessica PintoFriend
But this is not supported by EPF composer yet.

Previous Topic:Differences between actual and future Method Content
Next Topic:RMC - publish HTML through command line help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:41:52 GMT 2024