Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » File goes dirty when existing item selected(EEF based editor marks file dirty when selecting an existing item in a EEF AdvancedTableComposition widget)
File goes dirty when existing item selected [message #986316] Mon, 19 November 2012 17:02
John Palof is currently offline John Palof
I think I am missing a concept ...

I have implemented an EEF based editor and noticed that simply selecting an existing item in a EEF AdvancedTableComposition widget marks the file as dirty. This appears to be due to the org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.ui.editor.InteractiveEEFEditor command stack listener issuing a firePropertyChange(IEditorPart.PROP_DIRTY). I don't see why selecting an existing item in a list should assume that the file will go dirty. In my case, I have selected an item in a master page from which a detail page will be rendered. Am I missing something here?

If not, I would like to avoid marking the file dirty when the PropertiesEditionEvents is of kind SELECTION_CHANGED. I thought I could do that by providing my own CommandStackListener which would avoid firing the dirty property change (i.e override org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.ui.editor.InteractiveEEFEditor.initializeCommandStack). However, the command that was created by org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.impl.components.StandardPropertiesEditionComponent.firePropertiesChanged(IPropertiesEditionEvent) is a org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.impl.command.StandardEdiSingCommand and doesn't have access to underlying PropertiesEditionEvent. My next thought was to provide my own Command class that would expose the PropertiesEditionEvent. However, I don't see how I can subclass StandardPropertiesEditionComponent due to the lack of access to the propagateEvent method (i.e. it's listeners).

At this point, I figured I am attempting to do something bad. Can someone enlighten me?

Thank you
Previous Topic:Call EMF Compare
Next Topic:[Texo] Generation Code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 28 08:41:37 EDT 2014