Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Testing a scout application
Testing a scout application [message #986068] Sun, 18 November 2012 08:36
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Omkar Mujumdar wrote on Sat, 17 November 2012 17:23
A related question is: what is the recommendation for organizing Junit tests cases against a scout project. For now I have moved mine out of the server project. But I am worried that it will force me to change many classes with public access modifiers.
Thanks in advance and sorry for the noise
(message)

I can provide you some pointers on testing:

[1] The talk that have been submitted for Eclipse Con 2013:
Testing a Scout Application with JUnit and Jubula

I hope the abstract will provide you an overview on how you can test a scout application.

Feel free to comment / provide feedback / tell what you expect from a such talk. You can do this on the EclipseCon site (it is the same login as for this forum). It will show that members of the community are interested in the topic.

[2] This reference post:
"Re: unit test" by Andi Bur. It provides a lot of informations (code organization, specific test runner, test application, ...). But it is very technical.

[3] There is limited support in the SDK to create the test infrastructure (as described in [2]). This is something that will change (see Bug 394136). You can vote and comment on the bug...

For the moment, you need to do it by hand.

----------------

Testing a scout application is an hot topic for Eclipse Scout. By asking questions, providing feedback, you tell what should be improved (tooling, documentation, examples...). This is very important !
Previous Topic:Null Pointer Exception when accessing the properties of AbstractMySqlSqlService
Next Topic:SVN checkout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:59:39 GMT 2024