Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster » Emma Update
Emma Update [message #985488] Thu, 15 November 2012 12:44 Go to next message
Flavio Donze is currently offline Flavio Donze
Messages: 159
Registered: July 2009
Location: Switzerland
Senior Member
Hello

I have just installed the latest buckminster and emma using the headless command:
buckminster install http://download.eclipse.org/tools/buckminster/headless-4.2/ org.eclipse.buckminster.emma.headless.feature

I hoped that EclEmma would have been updated to a more recent version, since the current version 1.4.2 has problems with Java7.

Is there a reason it has not been updated? 1.4.2 is back from 2009, 2.2.0 is from last month.
http://www.eclemma.org/changes.html

Can I help/contribute?

greets
Flavio


Organisations- und Prozessdokumentation Software
Qualität Management QMS :: Information Management IMS
http://www.scodi.ch
Re: Emma Update [message #986086 is a reply to message #985488] Sun, 18 November 2012 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bernard SARTER is currently offline Bernard SARTER
Messages: 76
Registered: August 2011
Location: Paris, France
Member
Hello,

I faced the same problem at the beginning of the year, and opened an issue in BugZilla:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=368042

I also enclosed a simple patch to the BugZilla, that's working fine for me so far (allows to use a recent version of JaCoCo, compatible with Java 7), but nobody seems to really work on a proper fix ...

Might be you could vote for the issue to increase its ranking ...

Regards,
Bernard.
Re: Emma Update [message #986103 is a reply to message #986086] Sun, 18 November 2012 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas Hallgren
Messages: 3229
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
The problem here is that since emma is a third-party component, we
cannot just upgrade. First we must submit the new version for review byt
the Eclipse EMO and if it has any additional dependencies (such as
jacoco?) those too must be reviewed. Nobody has had any time to go
through that process with emma just yet.

- thomas



On 2012-11-18 18:21, Bernard SARTER wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I faced the same problem at the beginning of the year, and opened an
> issue in BugZilla:
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=368042
>
> I also enclosed a simple patch to the BugZilla, that's working fine for
> me so far (allows to use a recent version of JaCoCo, compatible with
> Java 7), but nobody seems to really work on a proper fix ...
>
> Might be you could vote for the issue to increase its ranking ...
>
> Regards,
> Bernard.
>
Re: Emma Update [message #986104 is a reply to message #986103] Sun, 18 November 2012 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas Hallgren
Messages: 3229
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I see that there's an update site where EclEmma is published nowadays.
That could simplify things a bit. What we can do right now is to could
move our headless emma feature to the external site like we already do
with subclipse and subversive.

- thomas


On 2012-11-18 22:53, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> The problem here is that since emma is a third-party component, we
> cannot just upgrade. First we must submit the new version for review byt
> the Eclipse EMO and if it has any additional dependencies (such as
> jacoco?) those too must be reviewed. Nobody has had any time to go
> through that process with emma just yet.
>
> - thomas
>
>
>
> On 2012-11-18 18:21, Bernard SARTER wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I faced the same problem at the beginning of the year, and opened an
>> issue in BugZilla:
>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=368042
>>
>> I also enclosed a simple patch to the BugZilla, that's working fine for
>> me so far (allows to use a recent version of JaCoCo, compatible with
>> Java 7), but nobody seems to really work on a proper fix ...
>>
>> Might be you could vote for the issue to increase its ranking ...
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bernard.
>>
>
Re: Emma Update [message #986116 is a reply to message #986104] Sun, 18 November 2012 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas Hallgren
Messages: 3229
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=368042 has been now
fixed and the Emma feature has found a new home at our external update site:

http://download.cloudsmith.com/buckminster/external-4.2

The emma version is now 2.2.0. Please try it out.

- thomas

On 2012-11-18 23:01, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> I see that there's an update site where EclEmma is published nowadays.
> That could simplify things a bit. What we can do right now is to could
> move our headless emma feature to the external site like we already do
> with subclipse and subversive.
>
> - thomas
>
>
> On 2012-11-18 22:53, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
>> The problem here is that since emma is a third-party component, we
>> cannot just upgrade. First we must submit the new version for review byt
>> the Eclipse EMO and if it has any additional dependencies (such as
>> jacoco?) those too must be reviewed. Nobody has had any time to go
>> through that process with emma just yet.
>>
>> - thomas
>>
>>
>>
>> On 2012-11-18 18:21, Bernard SARTER wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I faced the same problem at the beginning of the year, and opened an
>>> issue in BugZilla:
>>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=368042
>>>
>>> I also enclosed a simple patch to the BugZilla, that's working fine for
>>> me so far (allows to use a recent version of JaCoCo, compatible with
>>> Java 7), but nobody seems to really work on a proper fix ...
>>>
>>> Might be you could vote for the issue to increase its ranking ...
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Bernard.
>>>
>>
>
Re: Emma Update [message #986158 is a reply to message #986116] Mon, 19 November 2012 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flavio Donze is currently offline Flavio Donze
Messages: 159
Registered: July 2009
Location: Switzerland
Senior Member
Hi Thomas

Wow that was quick, didn't expect a fix in such a short time! Thank you very much.

The update to version 2.2.0 worked, I ran into a new problem with the post build step.
Already reported that one:
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-15857

Thanks again!
Flavio


Organisations- und Prozessdokumentation Software
Qualität Management QMS :: Information Management IMS
http://www.scodi.ch
Re: Emma Update [message #986184 is a reply to message #986158] Mon, 19 November 2012 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bernard SARTER is currently offline Bernard SARTER
Messages: 76
Registered: August 2011
Location: Paris, France
Member
Hello,

Everything is fine for me with this new version.

Thanks,
Bernard.
Re: Emma Update [message #1067448 is a reply to message #986158] Mon, 08 July 2013 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo Bettini
Messages: 1356
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 19/11/2012 09:56, Flavio Donze wrote:
> Hi Thomas
>
> Wow that was quick, didn't expect a fix in such a short time! Thank you
> very much.
> The update to version 2.2.0 worked, I ran into a new problem with the
> post build step.
> Already reported that one:
> https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-15857
>
> Thanks again!
> Flavio

Hi Flavio

I ran in the same problem; the solution is to use the Jenkins Jacoco
plugin, and not the Jenkins Emma plugin. In fact, the new EclEmma
(which Buckminster uses) is based on Jacoco. That's why the Jenkins
Emma plugin is not able to read the output :)

hope this helps
Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
Re: Emma Update [message #1067932 is a reply to message #1067448] Thu, 11 July 2013 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flavio Donze is currently offline Flavio Donze
Messages: 159
Registered: July 2009
Location: Switzerland
Senior Member
Hi Lorenzo

Thanks for your hint!

I had to change the emma command from:
emma -l '/ch.scodi.server.test.site/ScodiServerTest.launch' -o '${WORKSPACE}/output/junit_result.xml' --xml '${WORKSPACE}/output/coverage_report.xml' --flatXML --stdout '${WORKSPACE}/output/stdout.txt' --stderr '${WORKSPACE}/output/stderr.txt'

to

emma -l '/ch.scodi.server.test.site/ScodiServerTest.launch' -o '${WORKSPACE}/output/junit_result.xml' --exec '${WORKSPACE}/output/jacoco.exec' --flatXML --stdout '${WORKSPACE}/output/stdout.txt' --stderr '${WORKSPACE}/output/stderr.txt'

and now it works!

Thanks and greets
Flavio



Organisations- und Prozessdokumentation Software
Qualität Management QMS :: Information Management IMS
http://www.scodi.ch
Re: Emma Update [message #1068132 is a reply to message #1067932] Fri, 12 July 2013 10:44 Go to previous message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo Bettini
Messages: 1356
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 07/11/2013 12:39 PM, Flavio Donze wrote:
> Hi Lorenzo
>
> Thanks for your hint!
>
> I had to change the emma command from:
> emma -l '/ch.scodi.server.test.site/ScodiServerTest.launch' -o
> '${WORKSPACE}/output/junit_result.xml' --xml
> '${WORKSPACE}/output/coverage_report.xml' --flatXML --stdout
> '${WORKSPACE}/output/stdout.txt' --stderr '${WORKSPACE}/output/stderr.txt'
>
> to
>
> emma -l '/ch.scodi.server.test.site/ScodiServerTest.launch' -o
> '${WORKSPACE}/output/junit_result.xml' --exec
> '${WORKSPACE}/output/jacoco.exec' --flatXML --stdout
> '${WORKSPACE}/output/stdout.txt' --stderr '${WORKSPACE}/output/stderr.txt'
>
> and now it works!

Right! I forgot to mention that the plugin supports only the exec format :)

The sad news is that, as far as I understand, the Jenkins Jacoco plugin
requires additional configurations for exclusions of sources/classes
etc. (see also this
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jenkins-jacoco-plugin-mailing-list/MRbOzqWJ580
).

That's a pity, since in the EclEmma launch configuration you can already
state exclusions (at source folders level), and then you need to
configure exclusions again (but not at source folders level) so that the
plugin creates the report according to your needs... Especially for
Xtext projects you usually want to exclude the generated sources;
excluding them in the launch configuration is easy (you just exclude
generated source folders, e.g., src-gen), but for the plugin you need to
specify exclusions at package levels... it takes some time to get it
right the first time, but then it works :)

cheers
Lorenzo


--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
Previous Topic:How to run a MWE2 workflow with buckminster
Next Topic:CSpex when project folder name != bundle id
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 23 08:25:20 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02345 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software