Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » IContributedContentsView and TabbedPropertyView
IContributedContentsView and TabbedPropertyView [message #985413] Thu, 15 November 2012 11:25 Go to next message
Jan Krakora is currently offline Jan KrakoraFriend
Hi guys,

I'm wondering how is the IContributedContentsView supposed to work.

Looking at the PropertySheet view, it tries to adapt the active part to this interface and when it's adaptable,
it shows the page registered for its contributing part. But at the same time it sets the active part's selection
(I would expect to set the contributing part's selection) to its active IPropertySheetPage.

What does it mean in a an example:

I would like to show a tabbed properties
I have an editor contributing some tabs and sections to the tabbed properties
The editor also contibutes some content to the outline view
I would like to have the same tabbed properties when I click into the outline view as when I click into the editor

Now when I select something in the editor, it works fine, but when I click on the outline view,
the property sheet view adapts the active part (outline view) to the IContributedContentsView and shows a page
registered to the contributing part which is the editor - in the property sheet is still shown the tabbed properties page, so far so good.

The problem is, that the property sheet view sets an empty selection to the tabbed property page (Outline view doesn't have any selection),
which in turns erase the tabbed property page (because any section accept the empty selection).

I would expect the property sheet to set selection from the contributing part it gets adapting the active part.

Is there a workaround to this?

Thanks
Re: IContributedContentsView and TabbedPropertyView [message #985647 is a reply to message #985413] Thu, 15 November 2012 15:24 Go to previous message
Jan Krakora is currently offline Jan KrakoraFriend
I have registered the contributing's selection provider as the selection provider of the outline page as well and now it works fine.
Previous Topic:Input Validation Tabbed Properties View
Next Topic:Prodouct files all my icons are gone
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:01:19 GMT 2024