Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » eTrice » importing an actor reference
importing an actor reference [message #983337] Tue, 13 November 2012 21:32 Go to next message
Tim Born is currently offline Tim BornFriend
I have a replicated actor reference inside another actor.
I would like to be able to import/deport an actor into a specific slot in the replicated actor ref (array).
At the moment the replicated actor ref creates N instances when the containing actor is created.
Basically I have an array of actors when I'm looking for an array of actor slots I can fill and empty as needed.

I think "import" of an actor into a ref was in OT, but I'm many miles from my manuals at the moment, so I'm doing this from memory.

How do I accomplish this with eTrice?

thanks,
-tim

index.php/fa/12321/0/
Re: importing an actor reference [message #984579 is a reply to message #983337] Wed, 14 November 2012 20:33 Go to previous message
Thomas Jung is currently offline Thomas JungFriend
Hi Tim,

i know this feature from OT. In eTrice we currently do not support dynamical structure (import/deport of optional/plugIn Actors). Currently we generate all connections statically. For C we will completely abstain from using dynamical structure due to footprint of the runtime and the generated code. For C we focus on small systems. Additionally you can easily work around this missing feature if it is realy necessary (active routing).

For C++ and Java we will implement dynamical structure but we have a lot of work to do before we can start with that.

From my experiences in OT you did not know the order of instanciation of the actors.
Additionally it was not possible to send a message to an actor that was not instanciated.
With this constraints it was not possible to send messages from the initial transition without controlling the order of instanciation. I often used the dynamical actors just to solve this problem.

In eTrice this problem does not exist. You can be sure that a message you sent from an initial transition (without knowing the order of actor instanciation) will be delivered. This is because of the order, we start up the system. We make sure that the MessageService exists, before the actors will be instanciated. But starting the MessageService (delivering Messages) takes place, after instanciation of all actors.
That means, the messages will be stored in the queue until the actors are able to receive them. => in C you have to configure the queue, so that it is able to store all messages from the initial transitions.
You can see that in the generated SubSystemClass.

I appreciate this kind of diskussion.
I hopefully answered your question.

Regards
Thomas

Previous Topic:how to bump up fonts in structure editor?
Next Topic:message priority
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:15:46 GMT 2024