Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Working with DataSets
Working with DataSets [message #982978] Tue, 13 November 2012 15:29 Go to next message
Patrick R. is currently offline Patrick R.Friend
Hello,

is it somehow possible to copy a row in the DataSets View? I'm trying to set up a Testcase with 25 or more rows. The rows ar supposed to differ in just on parameter. Is there a better way than typing them all in by hand? Perhaps importing them as an Excel File?
Re: Working with DataSets [message #985262 is a reply to message #982978] Thu, 15 November 2012 09:12 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Sadly, no, not at the moment. I know we've talked about it, but I can't find an enhancement right now.

Two things come to mind though:
- If the rows differ only on one parameter, why don't you hard code the non-changing parameters within the Test Case and only reference the parameter that will change?
e.g.

TC1 [CHANGING_PARAM]
- Action one : [matches, 1, 0]
- Action two [equals, =CHANGING_PARAM]

As for your other question - it is possible to import data from Excel files into central data sets (bear in mind - only in .xls format). However, in terms of Test Case design, I think the first point is preferable. Redundancies are bad, even if they are quick to do Wink

HTH,
Alex
Previous Topic:How do I check whether a tree node is expanded?
Next Topic:Jubula and Eclipse Simultaneous Release
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:43:10 GMT 2024