Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Simplify PDE Builds for similar projects
Simplify PDE Builds for similar projects [message #982872] Tue, 13 November 2012 13:41
Danny Schimke is currently offline Danny SchimkeFriend
Hi,

first I have to say that I am new to PDE Build. But I have to make changes in an existing build environment to optimize the build performance.

We have a headless ANT build. This build is devided in a generic build that only gathers required features and plugins for subsequent PDE brand builds.

The next step is to call a full PDE build for each brand. The result of the generated packages are nearly equal. They only differ in a handful files (e.g. exe, ini).

The goal is now to make only one PDE build for the first brand. All following brands should use the result of the first one and the handful files should be exchanged. This way we save much time (only one assemble call instead of e.g. 5). But the problem here is, that we have to exchange executables (exe launcher) generated by eclipse PDE within the various brands.

How can I generate these exe files with different icons for each brand detached from the whole PDE build?
Is this idea way bad and why? Are there PDE given solutions to resolve my problem?

Thank you very much in advance!!
-Danny Schimke
Previous Topic:QuickFix Component in Eclipse
Next Topic:Is Picasso available in any p2 repo?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Nov 26 08:19:39 GMT 2014