Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Can't profile geronimo 2.1.3 in eclipse
Can't profile geronimo 2.1.3 in eclipse [message #141392] Fri, 27 March 2009 04:30 Go to next message
Larry Z is currently offline Larry Z
Messages: 4
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I install gep( plugin for geronimo ) and tptp from the update site.
When I profile the geronimo server using gep, find the monitor tab of Run
on Server is empty and there is no error, while Tomcat and Jboss42 is
good.
os:win xp pro
hw:x86
jdk: ibm 1.50 sr8
Re: Can't profile geronimo 2.1.3 in eclipse [message #141435 is a reply to message #141392] Mon, 30 March 2009 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Larry Z is currently offline Larry Z
Messages: 4
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi, is there somebody can help?
I can start geronimo successful in cmd using
" agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=standalone,filters=fi lters.txt,file=log.trcxml;CGProf "
, but still don't work with eclipse.
Re: Can't profile geronimo 2.1.3 in eclipse [message #141446 is a reply to message #141435] Mon, 30 March 2009 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugene Chan is currently offline Eugene Chan
Messages: 287
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Larry,

If you would like to attach to the server for monitoring, you should try
using
"agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=enabled;CGProf"

and attach to the profiling agent started with the server process using
'Profile'>'Attach Java Process' launch configuration and select the agent
and configure the profiling filter there to proceed.

Run on Server should not have any Monitor tab unless you are trying Profile
on Server.

Eugene




"Larry Z" <larry.zhang.sh.cn@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ba2632a7d4161c08c2ad77785eb73c62$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi, is there somebody can help?
> I can start geronimo successful in cmd using
> " agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=standalone,filters=fi lters.txt,file=log.trcxml;CGProf "
> , but still don't work with eclipse.
>
Re: Can't profile geronimo 2.1.3 in eclipse [message #141553 is a reply to message #141446] Tue, 31 March 2009 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Larry Z is currently offline Larry Z
Messages: 4
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Eugene,
Thank you for your answer.
But I don't understand
"Run on Server should not have any Monitor tab unless you are trying
Profile
on Server."
At begining, I used the gep(which is an adopter of WTP), created a
geronimo server in server view, and ringht click it ,then choose profile.
Run on Server had Monitor tab,but the tree was empty.
Re: Can't profile geronimo 2.1.3 in eclipse [message #141574 is a reply to message #141553] Tue, 31 March 2009 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugene Chan is currently offline Eugene Chan
Messages: 287
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Larry,

Do you see any error in the workspace/.metadata/.log file?

Eugene

"Larry Z" <larry.zhang.sh.cn@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:c396b0cd3236f57da69a9cd815dd12ff$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi Eugene,
> Thank you for your answer.
> But I don't understand "Run on Server should not have any Monitor tab
> unless you are trying Profile
> on Server."
> At begining, I used the gep(which is an adopter of WTP), created a
> geronimo server in server view, and ringht click it ,then choose profile.
> Run on Server had Monitor tab,but the tree was empty.
>
Re: Can't profile geronimo 2.1.3 in eclipse [message #141596 is a reply to message #141574] Wed, 01 April 2009 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Larry Z is currently offline Larry Z
Messages: 4
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Eugene ,
This is the error from the .log, is it help?
Thank you for your help.
!ENTRY org.eclipse.jst.server.core 4 0 2009-04-01 14:07:31.546
!MESSAGE Could not create delegate
ServerProfiler[org.eclipse.tptp.platform.profile.server.wst. serverProfiler]
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Profile request is cancelled by
user
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.profile.server.wst.internal.TPTPSe rverProfilerDelegate.process(TPTPServerProfilerDelegate.java :190)
at
org.eclipse.jst.server.core.internal.ServerProfiler.process( ServerProfiler.java:81)
at
org.eclipse.jst.server.core.internal.JavaServerPlugin.config ureProfiling(JavaServerPlugin.java:361)
at
org.eclipse.jst.server.core.ServerProfilerDelegate.configure Profiling(ServerProfilerDelegate.java:60)
at
org.apache.geronimo.st.core.GeronimoLaunchConfigurationDeleg ate.launch(GeronimoLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:104)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(L aunchConfiguration.java:764)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(L aunchConfiguration.java:614)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(L aunchConfiguration.java:607)
at
org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.startImpl2(Serve r.java:2858)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.startImpl(Server .java:2808)
at
org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$StartJob.run(Ser ver.java:300)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.tptp.platform.profile.server.wst 2 0 2009-04-01
14:07:31.546
!MESSAGE Profile request is cancelled by user

!ENTRY org.eclipse.wst.server.core 4 0 2009-04-01 14:07:31.546
!MESSAGE Error starting server Apache Geronimo v2.1 Server at localhost
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Profile request is cancelled by
user
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.profile.server.wst.internal.TPTPSe rverProfilerDelegate.process(TPTPServerProfilerDelegate.java :190)
at
org.eclipse.jst.server.core.internal.ServerProfiler.process( ServerProfiler.java:81)
at
org.eclipse.jst.server.core.internal.JavaServerPlugin.config ureProfiling(JavaServerPlugin.java:361)
at
org.eclipse.jst.server.core.ServerProfilerDelegate.configure Profiling(ServerProfilerDelegate.java:60)
at
org.apache.geronimo.st.core.GeronimoLaunchConfigurationDeleg ate.launch(GeronimoLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:104)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(L aunchConfiguration.java:764)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(L aunchConfiguration.java:614)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(L aunchConfiguration.java:607)
at
org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.startImpl2(Serve r.java:2858)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.startImpl(Server .java:2808)
at
org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$StartJob.run(Ser ver.java:300)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.tptp.platform.profile.server.wst 2 0 2009-04-01
14:07:31.546
!MESSAGE Profile request is cancelled by user

!ENTRY org.eclipse.tptp.platform.profile.server.wst 2 0 2009-04-01
14:07:31.546
!MESSAGE Profile request is cancelled by user
Re: Can't profile geronimo 2.1.3 in eclipse [message #141637 is a reply to message #141596] Wed, 01 April 2009 15:29 Go to previous message
Eugene Chan is currently offline Eugene Chan
Messages: 287
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Larry,

What JVM is configured with the geronimo?

Eugene

"Larry Z" <larry.zhang.sh.cn@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:c76c68b6138ddcb5b986e29b777d0c8f$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi Eugene ,
> This is the error from the .log, is it help?
> Thank you for your help.
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.jst.server.core 4 0 2009-04-01 14:07:31.546
> !MESSAGE Could not create delegate
> ServerProfiler[org.eclipse.tptp.platform.profile.server.wst. serverProfiler]
> !STACK 1
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Profile request is cancelled by
> user
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.platform.profile.server.wst.internal.TPTPSe rverProfilerDelegate.process(TPTPServerProfilerDelegate.java :190)
> at
> org.eclipse.jst.server.core.internal.ServerProfiler.process( ServerProfiler.java:81)
> at
> org.eclipse.jst.server.core.internal.JavaServerPlugin.config ureProfiling(JavaServerPlugin.java:361)
> at
> org.eclipse.jst.server.core.ServerProfilerDelegate.configure Profiling(ServerProfilerDelegate.java:60)
> at
> org.apache.geronimo.st.core.GeronimoLaunchConfigurationDeleg ate.launch(GeronimoLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:104)
> at
> org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(L aunchConfiguration.java:764)
> at
> org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(L aunchConfiguration.java:614)
> at
> org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(L aunchConfiguration.java:607)
> at
> org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.startImpl2(Serve r.java:2858)
> at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.startImpl(Server .java:2808)
> at
> org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$StartJob.run(Ser ver.java:300)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.tptp.platform.profile.server.wst 2 0 2009-04-01
> 14:07:31.546
> !MESSAGE Profile request is cancelled by user
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.wst.server.core 4 0 2009-04-01 14:07:31.546
> !MESSAGE Error starting server Apache Geronimo v2.1 Server at localhost
> !STACK 1
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Profile request is cancelled by
> user
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.platform.profile.server.wst.internal.TPTPSe rverProfilerDelegate.process(TPTPServerProfilerDelegate.java :190)
> at
> org.eclipse.jst.server.core.internal.ServerProfiler.process( ServerProfiler.java:81)
> at
> org.eclipse.jst.server.core.internal.JavaServerPlugin.config ureProfiling(JavaServerPlugin.java:361)
> at
> org.eclipse.jst.server.core.ServerProfilerDelegate.configure Profiling(ServerProfilerDelegate.java:60)
> at
> org.apache.geronimo.st.core.GeronimoLaunchConfigurationDeleg ate.launch(GeronimoLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:104)
> at
> org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(L aunchConfiguration.java:764)
> at
> org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(L aunchConfiguration.java:614)
> at
> org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(L aunchConfiguration.java:607)
> at
> org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.startImpl2(Serve r.java:2858)
> at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.startImpl(Server .java:2808)
> at
> org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$StartJob.run(Ser ver.java:300)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.tptp.platform.profile.server.wst 2 0 2009-04-01
> 14:07:31.546
> !MESSAGE Profile request is cancelled by user
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.tptp.platform.profile.server.wst 2 0 2009-04-01
> 14:07:31.546
> !MESSAGE Profile request is cancelled by user
>
Previous Topic:"Run As > JUnit Test" on inherited test method
Next Topic:Unable to connect to an agent remotely
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Oct 23 08:07:23 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02373 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software