|Custom Profiler Data Provider [message #141381]
||Thu, 26 March 2009 23:47
| Horia Olaru
Registered: July 2009
I am looking into creating a Profiler plug-in on the client side for
custom data collection. I would like to avoid the Agent/Controller
infrastructure and replace it with a custom way of collecting profile data.
Most of the documentation I have found talks about agents and ACs, but I
am having trouble finding something about hooking directly into the
Workbench with the data collection and processing.
I am basically trying to find the best place to hook a plug-in into,
considering the above. I am thinking in the following lines:
- how do I bypass the Client side Agent logic? I don't need to connect to
an AC so I don't need the current client implementation
- should I hook a plug-in that provides profile data directly to the
- what are the extension points, interfaces that should be implemented?
Should I be looking at a custom implementation of the client side agent?
On another approach, I have found the JVMTI plug-ins:
- are they still being used in this version to collect profile data, and
if so, where?
- would it be a good idea to follow the same approach - extending the same
extension points as the jvmti clients? (I'm not trying to profile Java
code, I'm just looking into existing ways to feed data to the profiler
- if not, what other plug-in would be a good example to follow?
I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01679 seconds