Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » XMLBeautifier - Xpand - model to code generation(XMLBeautifier - Xpand - model to code generation hangs and doesn't perform action)
icon5.gif  XMLBeautifier - Xpand - model to code generation [message #977572] Fri, 09 November 2012 11:42 Go to next message
Varun Sud is currently offline Varun SudFriend
I am generating a code using XPand model-to-code transformation. The code is generated into a XML file (which is also generated after the transformation). Now when I need to 'beautify' the xml code, i use the following xmlbeautifier within my MWE workflow file:

<postprocessor class="org.eclipse.xtend.typesystem.xsd.XMLBeautifier" />
When I execute my MWE workflow (.mwe) file to generate the code and beautify it, the following is shown on eclipse console :

521 INFO StandaloneSetup - Registering platform uri 'C:\Users\test\Desktop\Prototype\PrototypeWorkspace'

668 INFO CompositeComponent - Reader: Loading model from platform:/resource/Project1/models/M1.xmi

757 INFO CompositeComponent - Generator: generating 'template::ModelToCode::main FOR model' => src-gen

1074 INFO XMLBeautifier - Beautifying 'file:/.../src-gen/file.x
ml'

The console shows the file is 'beautifiying' but it has been shown so for a long time now without the result.

Any help on what am I missing here.

Thank you in advance
Re: XMLBeautifier - Xpand - model to code generation [message #981362 is a reply to message #977572] Mon, 12 November 2012 11:00 Go to previous message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

Hi Varun,

without debugging it won't be possible to tell why it is hanging there. This will have something to do either that it is trying to open some HTTP connection, which is blocked, or something that is special in the XML file you are trying to format. Please start a debugging session (check the "Java Debug" option in your launch config) and suspend the VM when it is hanging. Open the threads and see which one is having the WorkflowRunner class in the stack. From the stack you should have more insight where the process hangs.

Regards,
~Karsten

Need professional support for Xtext, EMF, Eclipse IDE?
Go to: http://devhub.karakun.com
Twitter : @kthoms
Blog : www.karsten-thoms.de

[Updated on: Mon, 12 November 2012 11:03]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[XPAND] Migration from v1.1 to v1.2
Next Topic:[Xpand] model Root
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:00:03 GMT 2024