Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » project clean without `rm`
project clean without `rm` [message #976506] Thu, 08 November 2012 16:33 Go to next message
Tamas Csabina is currently offline Tamas CsabinaFriend
Hello,

I have an eclipse project which is configured to use MynGW toolchain, but it is using a 3rd party compiler and linker. I haven`t installed myngw itself, and this is working fine (the project can be build, as the 3rd party compiler and linker is working fine).
I have 1 little issue, and that is during project clean.
All my object files are created in a Debug directory under the project.
As MynGW is the configured toolchain, `rm -rf` is being called on the object files upon cleaning. As MynGW is not install, rm is not existing, causing the complete Debug directory to be deleted!
I have an older PC where the same setup exits, with MynGW installed. In that PC when I do a clean, only the object files are removed from the Debug directory, and not the the whole Debug dir itself.

Is this working as designed? To remove the whole directory in case the called cleanCommand (rm) is not installed?
Re: project clean without `rm` [message #977498 is a reply to message #976506] Fri, 09 November 2012 10:29 Go to previous message
Tamas Csabina is currently offline Tamas CsabinaFriend
I ended up installing MinGW (with msys), and the issue with `rm` command not found is solved.
However the deletion of the debug directory still occurs.

continue to search for solution...
Previous Topic:"File Search" hangs or crashes
Next Topic:CDT Plug-in Developer and C/C++ Development User Guide for Juno
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:16:38 GMT 2024