Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Pointcuts in blueprint xml configuration causes classloading issue
Pointcuts in blueprint xml configuration causes classloading issue [message #975045] Wed, 07 November 2012 14:54 Go to next message
Sebastian Lorenz is currently offline Sebastian LorenzFriend
I'm constantly getting the following exception:
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: warning no match for this type name: com.qualitype.genetics.ref.io.ReferenceDataManager [Xlint:invalidAbsoluteTypeName]
	at org.aspectj.weaver.tools.PointcutParser.parsePointcutExpression(PointcutParser.java:301)
	at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJExpressionPointcut.buildPointcutExpression(AspectJExpressionPointcut.java:207)
	at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJExpressionPointcut.getFallbackPointcutExpression(AspectJExpressionPointcut.java:358)
	at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJExpressionPointcut.matches(AspectJExpressionPointcut.java:255)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.canApply(AopUtils.java:209)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.canApply(AopUtils.java:263)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.findAdvisorsThatCanApply(AopUtils.java:295)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.AbstractAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.findAdvisorsThatCanApply(AbstractAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.java:117)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.AbstractAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.findEligibleAdvisors(AbstractAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.java:87)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.AbstractAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.getAdvicesAndAdvisorsForBean(AbstractAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.java:68)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.AbstractAutoProxyCreator.wrapIfNecessary(AbstractAutoProxyCreator.java:359)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.AbstractAutoProxyCreator.postProcessAfterInitialization(AbstractAutoProxyCreator.java:322)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyBeanPostProcessorsAfterInitialization(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:407)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1461)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:519)
	... 39 more

for this configuration:

<bean id="referenceDataManager" class="com.qualitype.genetics.ref.service.impl.ReferenceDataManagerBean">
    <property name="repository" ref="referenceDataRepository" />
</bean>

<osgi:service ref="referenceDataManager"
     interface="com.qualitype.genetics.ref.io.ReferenceDataManager" />

<bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager">
		<property name="entityManagerFactory" ref="entityManagerFactory" />
	</bean>

<tx:advice id="txAdvice" transaction-manager="transactionManager">
		<tx:attributes>
			<tx:method name="get*" read-only="true" />
			<tx:method name="find*" read-only="true" />
			<tx:method name="save*" />
			<tx:method name="delete*" />
		</tx:attributes>
	</tx:advice>

<aop:config>
		<aop:pointcut id="referenceDataManagerOperation"
			expression="execution(* com.qualitype.genetics.ref.io.ReferenceDataManager.*(..))" />
		<aop:advisor advice-ref="txAdvice" pointcut-ref="referenceDataManagerOperation" />
	</aop:config>

Before using pointcuts in the blueprint configuration I tried the @Transactional annotation and it was working fine. Now using pointcuts I have this classloading trouble. I'm wondering if it is possible to use pointcuts in the blueprint configuration file?
Re: Pointcuts in blueprint xml configuration causes classloading issue [message #975093 is a reply to message #975045] Wed, 07 November 2012 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Presumably the bundle that contains org.aspectj.weaver.tools.PointcutParser does not import the package com.qualitype.genetics.ref.io. This is one of the issues of attempting load time weaving in an OSGi environment. I guess you could try adding the appropriate import (see this Virgo FAQ if you want to avoid hacking 3rd party bundle manifests). There is also some historic information on this subject here, but my feeling is that you are trail-blazing... Wink
Re: Pointcuts in blueprint xml configuration causes classloading issue [message #976231 is a reply to message #975093] Thu, 08 November 2012 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Lorenz is currently offline Sebastian LorenzFriend
Adding the package to the aspectj.weaver bundle did not help. Instead I had to add my com.qualitype.genetics.ref.io package to org.springframework.orm, org.springframework.transaction and org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.core. All these bundles try to load the class during startup. Sad Well, my intention was to avoid any hard-coded spring dependencies, but for now I switched back to using the @Transactional annotation.

Btw. The OSGi Early Draft 2012.10 describes how to use transactions in osgi. Is using @Transactional "supported" or should I use bean-managed transactions?

[Updated on: Thu, 08 November 2012 15:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Pointcuts in blueprint xml configuration causes classloading issue [message #977779 is a reply to message #976231] Fri, 09 November 2012 15:16 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
There is no support in Gemini Blueprint for @Transactional.
Previous Topic:blueprint configuration eclipse juno
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Gemini JPA bundles refresh even with -DREFRESH_BUNDLES=false
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:16:10 GMT 2024