Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Visual Editor (VE) » Need help installing VisualEditor
Need help installing VisualEditor [message #139604] Sun, 05 August 2007 12:15 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: pxsteiner.yahoo.ca

Ok I have a working Eclipse installation (without VE).

Then I downloaded the following file

VE-runtime-v1.2M3.zip

When I extract it I found a "features" and a "plugin" sub folder.

What should I do now with these files and folders to get VE working ?

Do I have to copy the content to the corresponding Eclipse folders ?

I prefer to keep the new extra VE files separately from Eclipse
installation.
Can I install them somewhere outside the existing Eclipse directory tree?

If I copy them temporarily to the Eclipse tree how can I start VE ? I
expected
a new menu "VisualEditor" or so in Eclipse but did not found it.

Peter
Re: Need help installing VisualEditor [message #139616 is a reply to message #139604] Sun, 05 August 2007 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: merks.ca.ibm.com

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------090501080708080105080707
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Peter,

You could use a .link file for this:

http://divby0.blogspot.com/2007/06/managing-plugins-and-feat ures-with-link.html


Peter wrote:
> Ok I have a working Eclipse installation (without VE).
>
> Then I downloaded the following file
>
> VE-runtime-v1.2M3.zip
>
> When I extract it I found a "features" and a "plugin" sub folder.
>
> What should I do now with these files and folders to get VE working ?
>
> Do I have to copy the content to the corresponding Eclipse folders ?
>
> I prefer to keep the new extra VE files separately from Eclipse
> installation.
> Can I install them somewhere outside the existing Eclipse directory tree?
>
> If I copy them temporarily to the Eclipse tree how can I start VE ? I
> expected
> a new menu "VisualEditor" or so in Eclipse but did not found it.
>
> Peter
>


--------------090501080708080105080707
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-15
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-15"
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
Peter,<br>
<br>
You could use a .link file for this:<br>
<blockquote><a
href=" http://divby0.blogspot.com/2007/06/managing-plugins-and-feat ures-with-link.html"> http://divby0.blogspot.com/2007/06/managing-plugins-and-feat ures-with-link.html</a><br>
</blockquote>
<br>
Peter wrote:
<blockquote
cite="mid:7f542e25de168b0e646ff454f0cad0c0$1@www.eclipse.org"
type="cite">Ok I have a working Eclipse installation (without VE).
<br>
<br>
Then I downloaded the following file
<br>
<br>
VE-runtime-v1.2M3.zip
<br>
<br>
When I extract it I found a "features" and a "plugin" sub folder.
<br>
<br>
What should I do now with these files and folders to get VE working ?
<br>
<br>
Do I have to copy the content to the corresponding Eclipse folders ?
<br>
<br>
I prefer to keep the new extra VE files separately from Eclipse
installation.
<br>
Can I install them somewhere outside the existing Eclipse directory
tree?
<br>
<br>
If I copy them temporarily to the Eclipse tree how can I start VE ? I
expected
<br>
a new menu "VisualEditor" or so in Eclipse but did not found it.
<br>
<br>
Peter
<br>
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
</body>
</html>

--------------090501080708080105080707--
Re: Need help installing VisualEditor [message #139625 is a reply to message #139604] Sun, 05 August 2007 18:09 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: sdiz.spspam.spam.sdiz.spam.net

Peter wrote:
[...]
> If I copy them temporarily to the Eclipse tree how can I start VE ? I expected
> a new menu "VisualEditor" or so in Eclipse but did not found it.

File -> New ?


note that ve does not support 3.3

> Peter
>


--
This space was intended to be left blank.
Re: Need help installing VisualEditor [message #616371 is a reply to message #139604] Sun, 05 August 2007 13:01 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 26223
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------090501080708080105080707
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Peter,

You could use a .link file for this:

http://divby0.blogspot.com/2007/06/managing-plugins-and-feat ures-with-link.html


Peter wrote:
> Ok I have a working Eclipse installation (without VE).
>
> Then I downloaded the following file
>
> VE-runtime-v1.2M3.zip
>
> When I extract it I found a "features" and a "plugin" sub folder.
>
> What should I do now with these files and folders to get VE working ?
>
> Do I have to copy the content to the corresponding Eclipse folders ?
>
> I prefer to keep the new extra VE files separately from Eclipse
> installation.
> Can I install them somewhere outside the existing Eclipse directory tree?
>
> If I copy them temporarily to the Eclipse tree how can I start VE ? I
> expected
> a new menu "VisualEditor" or so in Eclipse but did not found it.
>
> Peter
>


--------------090501080708080105080707
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-15
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-15"
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
Peter,<br>
<br>
You could use a .link file for this:<br>
<blockquote><a
href=" http://divby0.blogspot.com/2007/06/managing-plugins-and-feat ures-with-link.html"> http://divby0.blogspot.com/2007/06/managing-plugins-and-feat ures-with-link.html</a><br>
</blockquote>
<br>
Peter wrote:
<blockquote
cite="mid:7f542e25de168b0e646ff454f0cad0c0$1@www.eclipse.org"
type="cite">Ok I have a working Eclipse installation (without VE).
<br>
<br>
Then I downloaded the following file
<br>
<br>
VE-runtime-v1.2M3.zip
<br>
<br>
When I extract it I found a "features" and a "plugin" sub folder.
<br>
<br>
What should I do now with these files and folders to get VE working ?
<br>
<br>
Do I have to copy the content to the corresponding Eclipse folders ?
<br>
<br>
I prefer to keep the new extra VE files separately from Eclipse
installation.
<br>
Can I install them somewhere outside the existing Eclipse directory
tree?
<br>
<br>
If I copy them temporarily to the Eclipse tree how can I start VE ? I
expected
<br>
a new menu "VisualEditor" or so in Eclipse but did not found it.
<br>
<br>
Peter
<br>
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
</body>
</html>

--------------090501080708080105080707--
Re: Need help installing VisualEditor [message #616372 is a reply to message #139604] Sun, 05 August 2007 18:09 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: sdiz.spspam.spam.sdiz.spam.net

Peter wrote:
[...]
> If I copy them temporarily to the Eclipse tree how can I start VE ? I expected
> a new menu "VisualEditor" or so in Eclipse but did not found it.

File -> New ?


note that ve does not support 3.3

> Peter
>


--
This space was intended to be left blank.
Previous Topic:Need help installing VisualEditor
Next Topic:Problems running VE
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Nov 26 07:59:29 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.27622 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software