Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Error occurred during initialization of VM
Error occurred during initialization of VM [message #138191] Sun, 16 November 2008 08:31 Go to next message
Dan Zeller is currently offline Dan Zeller
Messages: 6
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Computer: 64-bit AMD
System: Vista Ultimate x64
Java: 1.5.0_15 (tried both x32 and x64)
Variables:
CLASSPATH
.;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.5.0_15\lib

JAVA_HOME
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.5.0_15

JAVA_PROFILER_HOME
%TPTP_AC_HOME%\plugins\org.eclipse.tptp.javaprofiler

Path
%JAVA_PROFILER_HOME%;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%Sys temRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program
Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;%TPTP_AC_HOME%\bin;%JAVA_HOME%\bin

TPTP_AC_HOME
C:\Program Files (x86)\eclipseAC

TPTP Agent Controller: Tried both 4.0.1 and 4.0.0

Parameters tried:
-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=standalone,help;Heap Prof
-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=standalone,help

Respective output:
Error occurred during initialization of VM
agent library failed to init: JPIBootLoader
Illegal TIAgent option

Error occurred during initialization of VM
agent library failed to init: JPIBootLoader

I ran setconfig.bat after each installation. Start the ACServer as
Administrator. Every item I am using is the runtime version, not sdk.
Any help to get this working would be appreciated. Dan
Re: Error occurred during initialization of VM [message #138198 is a reply to message #138191] Mon, 17 November 2008 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Zeller is currently offline Dan Zeller
Messages: 6
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Corrections to post:
No 'space' before 'period' in CLASSPATH
TPTP Agent Controller: Tried both 4.5.1 and 4.5.0
Re: Error occurred during initialization of VM [message #138214 is a reply to message #138198] Mon, 17 November 2008 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugene Chan is currently offline Eugene Chan
Messages: 287
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Dan,

Could you verify that:
1. JPIBootLoader library is available under the %JAVA_PROFILER_HOME% folder?
2. Try VM arguent
'-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=standalone;CGProf'

Eugene


"Dan Zeller" <danwzeller@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:b9c1728168d207a834483f5ca4ae6b6f$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Corrections to post:
> No 'space' before 'period' in CLASSPATH
> TPTP Agent Controller: Tried both 4.5.1 and 4.5.0
>
>
Re: Error occurred during initialization of VM [message #138264 is a reply to message #138214] Tue, 18 November 2008 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Zeller is currently offline Dan Zeller
Messages: 6
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Eugene Chan wrote:

> Hi Dan,

> Could you verify that:
> 1. JPIBootLoader library is available under the %JAVA_PROFILER_HOME% folder?
> 2. Try VM arguent
> '-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=standalone;CGProf'

> Eugene

Thank you for responding Eugene,

1. JPIBootLoader.dll is in %JAVA_PROFILER_HOME% folder.
2. As with my previous post, your VM argument runs my java program, but
does not make it available as an agent under eclipse->Run->Profile
Configurations...->Attach to
Agent(configuration)(Host:localhost[10006])->Agents
If I insert '...,help...', I get:
Illegal TIAgent option
@(#)JVMTI Agent Version 1.0.0.1
Usage: (followed by agentlib usage report)
Error occurred during initialization of VM
agent library failed to init: JPIBootLoader

So I assume the first step is determining why JPIBootloader is not being
loaded. Also, SampleClient.exe does function.

Dan
Re: Error occurred during initialization of VM [message #138271 is a reply to message #138214] Tue, 18 November 2008 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Zeller is currently offline Dan Zeller
Messages: 6
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Eugene Chan wrote:

> Hi Dan,

> Could you verify that:
> 1. JPIBootLoader library is available under the %JAVA_PROFILER_HOME% folder?
> 2. Try VM arguent
> '-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=standalone;CGProf'

> Eugene

Thank you for responding Eugene,

1. JPIBootLoader is in %JAVA_PROGILER_HOME% folder
2. Your argument does run my program (as does my previous without
'...,help...'), but does not make it available under eclipse->Run->Profile
Configurations(Attach to Agent
configuration)(Host:localhost[10006])->Agents
If I add '...,help...', I get:
Illegal TIAgent option
@(#)JVMTI Agent version 1.0.0.1
Usage: (followed by agentlib usage help)
Error occurred during initialization of VM
agent library failed to init: JPIBootLoader

So I assume I need to find a way to get JPIBootLoader to load. Also,
SampleClient.exe does function.

Dan
Re: Error occurred during initialization of VM [message #138314 is a reply to message #138271] Tue, 18 November 2008 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugene Chan is currently offline Eugene Chan
Messages: 287
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Dan,
Try VM arguent
'-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=enabled;CGProf'
or
'-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=controlled;CGProf'
That should give you an agent to attach to in the workbench.
For detail about the syntax of the command, please refer to
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/platform/org.eclips e.tptp.platform.agentcontroller/src-native-new/packaging_md/ windows/getting_started.html?root=TPTP_Project&view=co#J ava_15

Eugene

"Dan Zeller" <danwzeller@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ce6ae92669f63deaaa70cd0de3c9188c$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Eugene Chan wrote:
>
>> Hi Dan,
>
>> Could you verify that:
>> 1. JPIBootLoader library is available under the %JAVA_PROFILER_HOME%
>> folder?
>> 2. Try VM arguent
>> '-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=standalone;CGProf'
>
>> Eugene
>
> Thank you for responding Eugene,
>
> 1. JPIBootLoader is in %JAVA_PROGILER_HOME% folder
> 2. Your argument does run my program (as does my previous without
> '...,help...'), but does not make it available under eclipse->Run->Profile
> Configurations(Attach to Agent
> configuration)(Host:localhost[10006])->Agents
> If I add '...,help...', I get:
> Illegal TIAgent option
> @(#)JVMTI Agent version 1.0.0.1
> Usage: (followed by agentlib usage help)
> Error occurred during initialization of VM
> agent library failed to init: JPIBootLoader
>
> So I assume I need to find a way to get JPIBootLoader to load. Also,
> SampleClient.exe does function.
>
> Dan
>
Re: Error occurred during initialization of VM [message #138332 is a reply to message #138314] Tue, 18 November 2008 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Zeller is currently offline Dan Zeller
Messages: 6
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Eugene Chan wrote:

> Hi Dan,
> Try VM arguent
> '-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=enabled;CGProf'
> or
> '-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=controlled;CGProf'
> That should give you an agent to attach to in the workbench.
> For detail about the syntax of the command, please refer to
>
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/platform/org.eclips e.tptp.platform.agentcontroller/src-native-new/packaging_md/ windows/getting_started.html?root=TPTP_Project&view=co#J ava_15

> Eugene

Eugene,
Tried both. Neither provides an available agent in eclipse under any
ports(10002, 10003, 10005, or 10006). The second, however, hangs there as
if it is waiting for me to attach, which I can't; therefore, it never
launches my java program.
As far as the ports, I think 10002 is my IAC and it tests good. Port
10003 does not test good. Both ports 10005 and 10006 test good.
I am wondering if the part of the error reading '@(#)JVMTI Agent version
1.0.0.1' tells us anything.
I downloaded the 4.5.1 JVMTI Profiler from the website, but it only
replaced what I think was the same thing in my eclipseAC plugins folder.
I know this must be frustrating for you, it is for me. I have been at
this thing for a couple weeks. Thank you for your help. Please let me
know next step.

Dan
Re: Error... (SOLVED) [message #138341 is a reply to message #138332] Tue, 18 November 2008 12:56 Go to previous message
Dan Zeller is currently offline Dan Zeller
Messages: 6
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
OK Eugene,
My response to your questions made me evaluate my ports. The ACServer
won't launch if the IAC is running. I had been trying to attach to 10006
the whole time, but I needed to attach to 10002. This provided, with your
CGProf an Execution Time Analysis as an agent. When I profile it, it runs
the application.
Thank you for your work on this, it's been really valuable to me to get
this solved. Please look for future post when I try to evaluate two
machines from a third.

Dan
Previous Topic:record table items using automated gui recorder
Next Topic:Where are piAgent source codes?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Aug 22 05:59:26 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02165 seconds