Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Visual Editor (VE) » How can I check-out VE 1.3?
How can I check-out VE 1.3? [message #138007] Fri, 08 June 2007 14:39 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: sergiosamayoa.icon.com.gt

I want to use ve in Europa and read that someone (please fortgive me
because I dont remember his name) checked-in 1.3.0 which is basically a
1.2.x modified to allow run in Europa.

Also, where can I get into ve internals?

I have a little spare time and may be I can contribute to ve.

Regards.

--
Re: How can I check-out VE 1.3? [message #138133 is a reply to message #138007] Sat, 16 June 2007 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: akarypid.yahoo.gr

I've just managed to partially compile VE with Europa.

You need to set up two CVS repositories and check out some packages:
(see http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/CVS_Howto#Anonymous_CVS)

1) /cvsroot/webtools
org.eclipse.jem
org.eclipse.jem.beaninfo
2) /cvsroot/tools
org.eclipse.ve
org.eclipse.ve.cde
org.eclipse.ve.java.core
org.eclipse.ve.propertysheet
org.eclipse.ve.jfc (if you need Swing/AWT)
org.eclipse.ve.swt (if you need SWT/RCP)

Sergio Samayoa wrote:

> I want to use ve in Europa and read that someone (please fortgive me
> because I dont remember his name) checked-in 1.3.0 which is basically a
> 1.2.x modified to allow run in Europa.
>
> Also, where can I get into ve internals?
>
> I have a little spare time and may be I can contribute to ve.
>
> Regards.
>
Re: How can I check-out VE 1.3? [message #138140 is a reply to message #138133] Sat, 16 June 2007 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: akarypid.yahoo.gr

What would you like to work on with VE? I'm also looking into it these days.

Alexandros Karypidis wrote:

> I've just managed to partially compile VE with Europa.
>
> You need to set up two CVS repositories and check out some packages:
> (see http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/CVS_Howto#Anonymous_CVS)
>
> 1) /cvsroot/webtools
> org.eclipse.jem
> org.eclipse.jem.beaninfo
> 2) /cvsroot/tools
> org.eclipse.ve
> org.eclipse.ve.cde
> org.eclipse.ve.java.core
> org.eclipse.ve.propertysheet
> org.eclipse.ve.jfc (if you need Swing/AWT)
> org.eclipse.ve.swt (if you need SWT/RCP)
>
> Sergio Samayoa wrote:
>
>> I want to use ve in Europa and read that someone (please fortgive me
>> because I dont remember his name) checked-in 1.3.0 which is basically a
>> 1.2.x modified to allow run in Europa.
>>
>> Also, where can I get into ve internals?
>>
>> I have a little spare time and may be I can contribute to ve.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
Re: How can I check-out VE 1.3? [message #138146 is a reply to message #138140] Sat, 16 June 2007 13:50 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: sergiosamayoa.icon.com.gt

Alexandros Karypidis wrote:

> What would you like to work on with VE? I'm also looking into it
> these days.

Well, first make it work on Europa then:

- Undertand the whole concept.
- Use the JFace components (those used by Eclipse editors).
- Binding.

Regards.
Re: How can I check-out VE 1.3? [message #615342 is a reply to message #138007] Sat, 16 June 2007 12:25 Go to previous message
Alexandros Karypidis is currently offline Alexandros Karypidis
Messages: 53
Registered: March 2010
Member
I've just managed to partially compile VE with Europa.

You need to set up two CVS repositories and check out some packages:
(see http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/CVS_Howto#Anonymous_CVS)

1) /cvsroot/webtools
org.eclipse.jem
org.eclipse.jem.beaninfo
2) /cvsroot/tools
org.eclipse.ve
org.eclipse.ve.cde
org.eclipse.ve.java.core
org.eclipse.ve.propertysheet
org.eclipse.ve.jfc (if you need Swing/AWT)
org.eclipse.ve.swt (if you need SWT/RCP)

Sergio Samayoa wrote:

> I want to use ve in Europa and read that someone (please fortgive me
> because I dont remember his name) checked-in 1.3.0 which is basically a
> 1.2.x modified to allow run in Europa.
>
> Also, where can I get into ve internals?
>
> I have a little spare time and may be I can contribute to ve.
>
> Regards.
>
Re: How can I check-out VE 1.3? [message #615343 is a reply to message #138133] Sat, 16 June 2007 12:26 Go to previous message
Alexandros Karypidis is currently offline Alexandros Karypidis
Messages: 53
Registered: March 2010
Member
What would you like to work on with VE? I'm also looking into it these days.

Alexandros Karypidis wrote:

> I've just managed to partially compile VE with Europa.
>
> You need to set up two CVS repositories and check out some packages:
> (see http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/CVS_Howto#Anonymous_CVS)
>
> 1) /cvsroot/webtools
> org.eclipse.jem
> org.eclipse.jem.beaninfo
> 2) /cvsroot/tools
> org.eclipse.ve
> org.eclipse.ve.cde
> org.eclipse.ve.java.core
> org.eclipse.ve.propertysheet
> org.eclipse.ve.jfc (if you need Swing/AWT)
> org.eclipse.ve.swt (if you need SWT/RCP)
>
> Sergio Samayoa wrote:
>
>> I want to use ve in Europa and read that someone (please fortgive me
>> because I dont remember his name) checked-in 1.3.0 which is basically a
>> 1.2.x modified to allow run in Europa.
>>
>> Also, where can I get into ve internals?
>>
>> I have a little spare time and may be I can contribute to ve.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
Re: How can I check-out VE 1.3? [message #616110 is a reply to message #138140] Sat, 16 June 2007 13:50 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: sergiosamayoa.icon.com.gt

Alexandros Karypidis wrote:

> What would you like to work on with VE? I'm also looking into it
> these days.

Well, first make it work on Europa then:

- Undertand the whole concept.
- Use the JFace components (those used by Eclipse editors).
- Binding.

Regards.
Previous Topic:Interested in VE development
Next Topic:VE for other languges
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 02 21:36:55 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02828 seconds