Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Http POST requests not POSTing?
Http POST requests not POSTing? [message #137968] Tue, 04 November 2008 03:46 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: cobbra.windstream.net

I've recorded a test using the Http Recorder and successfully run the
"generate" utility to produce the JUnit test. The test was recorded from a
WebSphre app server that was started from within Eclipse/RAD using an
externally started Agent conroller. All seems to record/generate/run
successfully, but, any of the POST requests aren't seeming to make it to the
server. The server log shows the various page GETS but no data is getting
updated or inserted when triggered from the POST requests. The app itself
is a web based using Struts/EJB3 with some Ext/JS JavaScript embedded in the
pages, so nothing too extraordinary.

Produce versions are RAD 7.0, WebSphere App server 6.1 w/ EJB3 feature pack.

As I mentioned, the test records fine, generates fine, and runs as "test"
fine, but doesn't seem to be POSTing anything. Tests result in 100% pass
status with no errors, just no data getting persisted through the server.
Is TPTP HTTP recording not supposed to alter data via POST request or
something? Or, could I simply be doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Http POST requests not POSTing? [message #137992 is a reply to message #137968] Tue, 04 November 2008 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Randal,
Are the post events being recording correctly? Are these posts the
result of a user interaction or events within the application? If so, the
URL Recorder/Runner does not capture/playback browser events (e.g.
JavaScript).

Paul
"Randal Cobb" <cobbra@windstream.net> wrote in message
news:geogjg$4c8$1@build.eclipse.org...
> I've recorded a test using the Http Recorder and successfully run the
> "generate" utility to produce the JUnit test. The test was recorded from
> a WebSphre app server that was started from within Eclipse/RAD using an
> externally started Agent conroller. All seems to record/generate/run
> successfully, but, any of the POST requests aren't seeming to make it to
> the server. The server log shows the various page GETS but no data is
> getting updated or inserted when triggered from the POST requests. The
> app itself is a web based using Struts/EJB3 with some Ext/JS JavaScript
> embedded in the pages, so nothing too extraordinary.
>
> Produce versions are RAD 7.0, WebSphere App server 6.1 w/ EJB3 feature
> pack.
>
> As I mentioned, the test records fine, generates fine, and runs as "test"
> fine, but doesn't seem to be POSTing anything. Tests result in 100% pass
> status with no errors, just no data getting persisted through the server.
> Is TPTP HTTP recording not supposed to alter data via POST request or
> something? Or, could I simply be doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
Re: Http POST requests not POSTing? [message #138015 is a reply to message #137992] Tue, 04 November 2008 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: cobbra.windstream.net

I've double-checked and the POSTS look valid as recorded, just nothing
getting fired on the server side. And, yes, our application buttons are
being controlled via JavaScript (specifically ExtJS) so, the events that
may need to be set prior to submission of the forms may not be getting
triggered properly... thus no POST activity on the server during playback.

Is there anything else in the TPTP framework that could get me to where I
need to be?

Thanks again in advance!

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 08:41:01 -0400, Paul Slauenwhite wrote:

> Hi Randal,
> Are the post events being recording correctly? Are these posts the
> result of a user interaction or events within the application? If so,
> the URL Recorder/Runner does not capture/playback browser events (e.g.
> JavaScript).
>
> Paul
> "Randal Cobb" <cobbra@windstream.net> wrote in message
> news:geogjg$4c8$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> I've recorded a test using the Http Recorder and successfully run the
>> "generate" utility to produce the JUnit test. The test was recorded
>> from a WebSphre app server that was started from within Eclipse/RAD
>> using an externally started Agent conroller. All seems to
>> record/generate/run successfully, but, any of the POST requests aren't
>> seeming to make it to the server. The server log shows the various
>> page GETS but no data is getting updated or inserted when triggered
>> from the POST requests. The app itself is a web based using
>> Struts/EJB3 with some Ext/JS JavaScript embedded in the pages, so
>> nothing too extraordinary.
>>
>> Produce versions are RAD 7.0, WebSphere App server 6.1 w/ EJB3 feature
>> pack.
>>
>> As I mentioned, the test records fine, generates fine, and runs as
>> "test" fine, but doesn't seem to be POSTing anything. Tests result in
>> 100% pass status with no errors, just no data getting persisted through
>> the server. Is TPTP HTTP recording not supposed to alter data via POST
>> request or something? Or, could I simply be doing something wrong?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
Re: Http POST requests not POSTing? [message #138061 is a reply to message #138015] Wed, 05 November 2008 14:47 Go to previous message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Randal,
Unfortunately, the URL Test runner does not handle session IDs required
for these POSTs. To comment or contribute to this enhancement, see:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=139709

Paul
"Randal Cobb" <cobbra@windstream.net> wrote in message
news:geplhk$48h$1@build.eclipse.org...
> I've double-checked and the POSTS look valid as recorded, just nothing
> getting fired on the server side. And, yes, our application buttons are
> being controlled via JavaScript (specifically ExtJS) so, the events that
> may need to be set prior to submission of the forms may not be getting
> triggered properly... thus no POST activity on the server during playback.
>
> Is there anything else in the TPTP framework that could get me to where I
> need to be?
>
> Thanks again in advance!
>
> On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 08:41:01 -0400, Paul Slauenwhite wrote:
>
>> Hi Randal,
>> Are the post events being recording correctly? Are these posts the
>> result of a user interaction or events within the application? If so,
>> the URL Recorder/Runner does not capture/playback browser events (e.g.
>> JavaScript).
>>
>> Paul
>> "Randal Cobb" <cobbra@windstream.net> wrote in message
>> news:geogjg$4c8$1@build.eclipse.org...
>>> I've recorded a test using the Http Recorder and successfully run the
>>> "generate" utility to produce the JUnit test. The test was recorded
>>> from a WebSphre app server that was started from within Eclipse/RAD
>>> using an externally started Agent conroller. All seems to
>>> record/generate/run successfully, but, any of the POST requests aren't
>>> seeming to make it to the server. The server log shows the various
>>> page GETS but no data is getting updated or inserted when triggered
>>> from the POST requests. The app itself is a web based using
>>> Struts/EJB3 with some Ext/JS JavaScript embedded in the pages, so
>>> nothing too extraordinary.
>>>
>>> Produce versions are RAD 7.0, WebSphere App server 6.1 w/ EJB3 feature
>>> pack.
>>>
>>> As I mentioned, the test records fine, generates fine, and runs as
>>> "test" fine, but doesn't seem to be POSTing anything. Tests result in
>>> 100% pass status with no errors, just no data getting persisted through
>>> the server. Is TPTP HTTP recording not supposed to alter data via POST
>>> request or something? Or, could I simply be doing something wrong?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>>
>
Previous Topic:Comparisons with other test tools
Next Topic:Adapter Configuration Editor does not work...
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Oct 01 22:19:18 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02055 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software