Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Creating a list
Creating a list [message #966766] Thu, 01 November 2012 08:00 Go to next message
Milena Georgieva is currently offline Milena GeorgievaFriend
Hello. As you will see I am a completely "new comer" and I am already lost. I was supposed to have a look on BIRT for two days (some tutorials and a book) and I received a task, which obviously is more that I can handle.
I have a DB which contains the tables for workers, clients and actions. I need to make a report for every worker and his tasks for all clients. So far I am able to create a report only for one worker, how to make a list of all workers with their tasks?

I am not even sure if I am asking the right questions.......
Any help is highly appreciated!
Re: Creating a list [message #967192 is a reply to message #966766] Thu, 01 November 2012 15:10 Go to previous message
Tomas Greif is currently offline Tomas GreifFriend
1) Can you provide sample data?
2) If not, can you provide structure of tables? Column name, data types?
3) Do you want everything in one report (all workers/clients/actions in one table, one report) or there should be clickable list of workers in one report and detail of one worker in second report?
4) Can you provide an image how the final design should look like?

If you want to have everything in one report than you can use some SQL to join (or left join) workers to clients and join (or left join) clients to actions. This will get you one table with all the data.

If you have any other questions in the future, please try to provide as much information as possible.
Previous Topic:Bell Curve Chart in BIRT
Next Topic:Formatting issues with V4.2.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:05:45 GMT 2024