Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Visual Editor (VE) » Installed Visual editor but it doesn't show
Installed Visual editor but it doesn't show [message #135567] Fri, 02 February 2007 16:09 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: a12684.ubi.pt

Hello,
I tried to install the Visual editor for Eclipse by using the tutorial I
found on your pages (I've enabled a few repositories, then downloaded the
recommended components) but when I go to create a new project I can't see
the Visual option... What am I missing?

Bellow my install history:
13/Dez/2006 15:05:14
Date / Time Target Action Status
13/Dez/2006 15:05:55 file:/C:/Eclipse/eclipse/ site-install success

4/Jan/2007 17:47:55
Date / Time Target Action Status
4/Jan/2007 17:47:17 org.eclipse.jdt.3.2.1.patch_1.0.0 feature-install
success
4/Jan/2007 17:47:55 org.eclipse.jdt.3.2.1.patch_1.0.0 feature-enable
success
4/Jan/2007 17:47:55 org.eclipse.platform.3.2.1.patch_1.0.0 feature-install
success
4/Jan/2007 17:47:55 org.eclipse.platform.3.2.1.patch_1.0.0 feature-enable
success
4/Jan/2007 17:47:55 org.eclipse.rcp.3.2.1.patch_1.0.0 feature-install
success
4/Jan/2007 17:47:55 org.eclipse.rcp.3.2.1.patch_1.0.0 feature-enable
success

5/Jan/2007 11:20:31
Date / Time Target Action Status
5/Jan/2007 11:14:24 org.eclipse.emf.doc_2.2.1.v200609210005
feature-install success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:14 org.eclipse.emf.doc_2.2.1.v200609210005 feature-enable
success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:14 org.eclipse.emf.ecore.sdo.doc_2.2.1.v200609210005
feature-install success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:15 org.eclipse.emf.ecore.sdo.doc_2.2.1.v200609210005
feature-enable success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:15 org.eclipse.emf.ecore.sdo.source_2.2.0.v200609210005
feature-install success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:15 org.eclipse.emf.ecore.sdo.source_2.2.0.v200609210005
feature-enable success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:15 org.eclipse.emf.ecore.sdo_2.2.0.v200609210005
feature-install success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:16 org.eclipse.emf.ecore.sdo_2.2.0.v200609210005
feature-enable success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:16 org.eclipse.emf.sdk_2.2.0.v200609210005
feature-install success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:22 org.eclipse.emf_2.2.1.v200609210005 feature-enable
success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:22 org.eclipse.emf.source_2.2.1.v200609210005
feature-enable success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:22 org.eclipse.xsd_2.2.1.v200609210005 feature-enable
success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:22 org.eclipse.xsd.source_2.2.1.v200609210005
feature-enable success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:22 org.eclipse.xsd.doc_2.2.1.v200609210005 feature-enable
success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:22 org.eclipse.emf.sdk_2.2.0.v200609210005 feature-enable
success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:22 org.eclipse.emf.source_2.2.1.v200609210005
feature-install success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:22 org.eclipse.emf_2.2.1.v200609210005 feature-install
success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:22 org.eclipse.xsd.doc_2.2.1.v200609210005
feature-install success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:22 org.eclipse.xsd.source_2.2.1.v200609210005
feature-install success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:22 org.eclipse.xsd_2.2.1.v200609210005 feature-install
success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:22 org.eclipse.emf.examples_2.2.0.v200609210005
feature-install success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:23 org.eclipse.emf.examples_2.2.0.v200609210005
feature-enable success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:23 org.eclipse.gef.examples_3.1.1 feature-install success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:24 org.eclipse.gef.examples_3.1.1 feature-enable success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:24 org.eclipse.gef.sdk_3.1.1 feature-install success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:25 org.eclipse.gef_3.1.1 feature-enable success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:25 org.eclipse.gef.source_3.1.1 feature-enable success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:25 org.eclipse.gef.sdk_3.1.1 feature-enable success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:25 org.eclipse.gef.source_3.1.1 feature-install success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:25 org.eclipse.gef_3.1.1 feature-install success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:25 org.eclipse.ve.sdk_1.2.1.v20060825_M-u0g6D_78Wk3MLP8
feature-install success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:31 org.eclipse.jem_1.2.2.v20061027_M----6zXJJzM1TEVU
feature-enable success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:31
org.eclipse.jem.source_1.2.2.v20061027_M----6zXJJzM1TEVU feature-enable
success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:31 org.eclipse.jem.sdk_1.2.2.v20061027_M-G95ETmgbY43bMdc
feature-enable success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:31 org.eclipse.ve_1.2.1.v20060817_M-zXJUB0fxM0dxQdc
feature-enable success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:31
org.eclipse.ve.source_1.2.1.v20060817_M-zXJUB0fxM0dxQdc feature-enable
success
5/Jan/2007 11:20:31 org.eclipse.ve.sdk_1.2.1.v20060825_M-u0g6D_78Wk3MLP8
feature-enable success

5/Jan/2007 11:53:44
Date / Time Target Action Status
5/Jan/2007 11:53:40 org.eclipse.sdk_3.2.1.r321_v20060801-tQ1w49KnTArT0FZ
feature-install success


Thanks in advance
Re: Installed Visual editor but it doesn't show [message #135580 is a reply to message #135567] Sat, 03 February 2007 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: richkulp.us.NO_SPAM.ibm.com

You don't create visual projects. You create visual classes. So create a
normal java project, and then use the New->Visual Class wizard to create
a visual class.

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Re: Installed Visual editor but it doesn't show [message #135592 is a reply to message #135580] Mon, 05 February 2007 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: a12684.ubi.pt

Thanks for the reply.
The problem is that I don't have that option... I created a new project,
and when I go to add the visual class I can't because I only have these
options:
"Right click project => New"

----------------
- Project
----------------
- Package
- Class
- Interface
- Enum
- Annotation
- Source Folder
- Folder
- File
- Untitled Text File
- JUnit Test Case
-----------------
- Example
-----------------
- Other
-----------------

There should be an option somewhere to the Visual thing... What's
missing???
João
Re: Installed Visual editor but it doesn't show [message #135605 is a reply to message #135567] Tue, 06 February 2007 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: hoeppie.gmx.de

Hi João,
did you start eclipse with option "-clean"?
It reinitilaize all Plugins.
It worked for me and I could create an visual class.

Cheers Dirk
Re: Installed Visual editor but it doesn't show [message #135616 is a reply to message #135592] Tue, 06 February 2007 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: richkulp.us.NO_SPAM.ibm.com

Try a clean Eclipse SDK configuration and use the Update Manager against
the Callisto update site. Pick VE, and hit the Add Required Features
button to bring in the pre-reqs.

That will make sure all of the correct stuff is installed.

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Re: Installed Visual editor but it doesn't show [message #135657 is a reply to message #135616] Wed, 07 February 2007 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: a12684.ubi.pt

Unfortunaltelly it didn't worked... I tried the -clean option, nothing,
tried to reverse to the state before the upgrade and then manually extract
the required zip files
( http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ve/downloads/drops/R-1.2.3 _jem-200701301117/index.html)
and nothing... I'm giving up, thanks for your help...
Re: Installed Visual editor but it doesn't show [message #136158 is a reply to message #135567] Wed, 28 February 2007 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: joseph.paterson.gmail.com

Have you had any luck? I seem to have the same problem, using eclipse
3.2.2.
Cheers,

Joseph Paterson.
Re: Installed Visual editor but it doesn't show [message #136242 is a reply to message #136158] Mon, 05 March 2007 16:00 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: a12684.ubi.pt

No luck. I just gave up....
Re: Installed Visual editor but it doesn't show [message #615047 is a reply to message #135567] Sat, 03 February 2007 00:56 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: richkulp.us.NO_SPAM.ibm.com

You don't create visual projects. You create visual classes. So create a
normal java project, and then use the New->Visual Class wizard to create
a visual class.

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Re: Installed Visual editor but it doesn't show [message #615048 is a reply to message #135580] Mon, 05 February 2007 17:26 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: a12684.ubi.pt

Thanks for the reply.
The problem is that I don't have that option... I created a new project,
and when I go to add the visual class I can't because I only have these
options:
"Right click project => New"

----------------
- Project
----------------
- Package
- Class
- Interface
- Enum
- Annotation
- Source Folder
- Folder
- File
- Untitled Text File
- JUnit Test Case
-----------------
- Example
-----------------
- Other
-----------------

There should be an option somewhere to the Visual thing... What's
missing???
João
Re: Installed Visual editor but it doesn't show [message #615049 is a reply to message #135567] Tue, 06 February 2007 06:32 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: hoeppie.gmx.de

Hi João,
did you start eclipse with option "-clean"?
It reinitilaize all Plugins.
It worked for me and I could create an visual class.

Cheers Dirk
Re: Installed Visual editor but it doesn't show [message #615050 is a reply to message #135592] Tue, 06 February 2007 16:39 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: richkulp.us.NO_SPAM.ibm.com

Try a clean Eclipse SDK configuration and use the Update Manager against
the Callisto update site. Pick VE, and hit the Add Required Features
button to bring in the pre-reqs.

That will make sure all of the correct stuff is installed.

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Re: Installed Visual editor but it doesn't show [message #615053 is a reply to message #135616] Wed, 07 February 2007 11:21 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: a12684.ubi.pt

Unfortunaltelly it didn't worked... I tried the -clean option, nothing,
tried to reverse to the state before the upgrade and then manually extract
the required zip files
( http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ve/downloads/drops/R-1.2.3 _jem-200701301117/index.html)
and nothing... I'm giving up, thanks for your help...
Re: Installed Visual editor but it doesn't show [message #615094 is a reply to message #135567] Wed, 28 February 2007 08:21 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: joseph.paterson.gmail.com

Have you had any luck? I seem to have the same problem, using eclipse
3.2.2.
Cheers,

Joseph Paterson.
Re: Installed Visual editor but it doesn't show [message #615101 is a reply to message #136158] Mon, 05 March 2007 16:00 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: a12684.ubi.pt

No luck. I just gave up....
Previous Topic:EclipseCon
Next Topic:Ve disappeared after upgrade
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Nov 23 05:10:19 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03655 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software