Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula 1.3.0 fails to start(Jubula 1.3.0 fails to start)
Jubula 1.3.0 fails to start [message #957534] Thu, 25 October 2012 09:42 Go to next message
John Lawton is currently offline John LawtonFriend
I have a problem when trying to run jubula 1.3.0 immediately after a clean install.

Jubula fails to start and a java error window appears reporting: "Java was started but returned error code=1" together with a bundle of java parameters. See attached screenshot.

The OS is Windows XP SP3 and I installed using only the default installation options - and the installation completed without error (all the files appear to be present).

No log file is created - so there are no clues there.

Interestingly, the autagent and stopautagent apps run correctly !?!

I have been using jubula version 1.2.1 successfully for a couple of months without problems - so I have a fairly good handle on how to install, configure and use the application. But version 1.3.0 is not working - at least not in my environment.

Fortunately the problem is not critical for me - I have been able to uninstall 1.3.0 and successfully re-install and use 1.2.1, so I am able to continue as before - but I am concerned about new users who may be downloading and trying to use 1.3.0 as their first experience of Jubula.

Has anyone else encountered this problem - or know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
John
Re: Jubula 1.3.0 fails to start [message #957687 is a reply to message #957534] Thu, 25 October 2012 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zeb Ford-Reitz is currently offline Zeb Ford-ReitzFriend
Hi John,

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem as of yet. It looks like you mentioned a screenshot but maybe forgot to include it in your post.

Did you by any chance install any new features or plug-ins (ex. user extensions) into Jubula 1.2? I could imagine that that might be a problem source. Other than that I'll wait to hear from you about the screenshot before I can analyze this further.

- Zeb
Re: Jubula 1.3.0 fails to start [message #957797 is a reply to message #957687] Thu, 25 October 2012 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zeb

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I have now attached the missing screenshot.

As far as I am aware there were no user extensions or plugins being used when I was running 1.2.1. I'm not sure how to check this - would it help if I provided a dump of the Installation Details from the Help About Jubula dialog?

I have the means to install 1.3.0 on a different platform that has a "clean" install of Windows XP SP3 (i.e. off the Microsoft CD with no other apps installed). Would you like me to try to install on that platform so that we can see if the same symptoms occur on different hardware?

John
Re: Jubula 1.3.0 fails to start [message #958767 is a reply to message #957797] Fri, 26 October 2012 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
No Message Body
Re: Jubula 1.3.0 fails to start [message #958773 is a reply to message #958767] Fri, 26 October 2012 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

(no idea what happened to my last post...)

One hunch we have is that it is an unknown interaction with the Chronon recording agent which is now started automatically when you start Jubula (this wasn't the case in the previous version). If this is indeed the cause, then commenting out the relevant lines in the jubula.ini file should do the trick:

- Browse to the installation directory and the jubula directory in there
- Open the jubula.ini file and comment out (with #) the last two lines (the ones that start with -javaagent and -agentpath)
- Save the file and start Jubula.

Let us know if that helps.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Jubula 1.3.0 fails to start [message #959033 is a reply to message #958773] Fri, 26 October 2012 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex

Many thanks for that - your suggested fix works and I can now use version 1.3.0. Smile

I don't know whether the problem is specific to Windows XP - I'll try an install on Windows 7 and let you know if the problem recurs - I'll update you shortly.

Regards
John
Re: Jubula 1.3.0 fails to start [message #959082 is a reply to message #959033] Fri, 26 October 2012 12:49 Go to previous message
Hi John,

I'm pleased that that worked! Windows 7 is one of the platforms that we tested, so I'd be (unpleasantly) surprised if you find it doesn't work, but let us know anyway! I'll put a ticket in for the issue - thanks for your feedback and help.

Alex
Previous Topic:RCP Validation Error Window not found
Next Topic:Sustainable system damage after installation of custom plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:22:05 GMT 2024