Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » pie chart sorting
pie chart sorting [message #956479] Wed, 24 October 2012 14:47 Go to next message
Tobbi Filteau is currently offline Tobbi FilteauFriend
Hi there, I have a pie chart representing amounts paid per types of services. It works really well and easily... except when I try to customize the color scheme of each slice. I've included a screenshot of my chart's configuration screen below:

index.php/fa/12037/0/

What I simply want to do is sort by row["TotalPaye"] DESC so that I can easily assign a specific color to the biggest slice, another specific color to the second biggest slice and so on. I've tried to click on the sorting option of the category definition and here's what I see below:

index.php/fa/12038/0/

As you can see, the "sort on" option is greyed out so I can't change anything there, which sucks because that would otherwise be exactly what I would need to change.

So, how exactly do I sort my data like I want it to?

Thanks in advance,

Osu
Re: pie chart sorting [message #956545 is a reply to message #956479] Wed, 24 October 2012 15:53 Go to previous message
Tobbi Filteau is currently offline Tobbi FilteauFriend
Well, turns out the fact that the "sort on" zone was greyed out in my second screenshot was probably some bug in Eclipse since, when I went and changed the XML code directly, everything worked properly. Here's what I did.

1) First, go in the property editor of your chart (my first screenshot)

2) Define a sort in the order that you want. The field probably won't be the right one, but it doesn't matter at this point.

3) Next, go back to the layout and click once on your chart to highlight it.

4) Click on the XML tab at the bottom of the window to get into the code, it should take you where the chart is defined immediately.

At the very end of this definition, you'll see something that looks like this (you can search for "sort" and it should take you there):

<Sorting>Descending</Sorting>
    <SortKey>
      <Definition>row[&quot;TotalPaye&quot;]</Definition>
    </SortKey>

All you have to do here is change the <Definition></Definition> tag to what you want and, if necessary, the <Sorting></Sorting> tag to the order that you desire (Ascending would be the other possible value if you ever wonder).

I hope this helps.

Osu
Previous Topic:DataException from 3.7 runtime when rpt designs have scripts
Next Topic:BIRT- date manipulation for query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:40:44 GMT 2024