Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Eclipse Foundation » Why is Eclipse not in the Apple App Store?(This is not a request to publish it there, just looking for information.)
Why is Eclipse not in the Apple App Store? [message #954840] Tue, 23 October 2012 09:41
Paul Balm is currently offline Paul BalmFriend
Hi everybody,

I'm working on a project that has its similarities to the Eclipse platform, and recently we've been having some issues with users of the latest version of Mac OS, which would be circumvented if our application were in Apple's App Store.

It seems that with every new version, Mac OS is becoming more reluctant to install anything that is not in the App Store. And I wouldn't be surprised if that's where it's going: Applications from the App Store only. We're not there yet, but it's true already that we are inconveniencing our users by not being in the App Store, so we should investigate what it takes to publish releases in the App Store. (Deciding whether it's worth the hassle comes later.)

So I'm wondering if there are any particular reasons why Eclipse is not published in the App Store, political, technical, legal, or of any other kind?

Any information or thoughts on this issue would be appreciated!

Many thanks-
Previous Topic:Error while opening eclipse
Next Topic:Where is Committer Questionnaire?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:38:29 GMT 2024