Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » ServiceTask with Java
ServiceTask with Java [message #949209] Thu, 18 October 2012 20:10 Go to next message
Tom Kohler is currently offline Tom Kohler
Hello,
I start start working with the current BPMN 2.0 Diagram Editor in eclipse juno SR1. Befor I worked with the drools/jbpm editor. So I imported some bpmn2 files from it. Then I try to modify a service task. But I cannot modify the method of an service task or change the class. So I try to start from scratch. But it doesn't work. Do I have to import the relevant java class? I try it, but I have some problems. So can anybody tell me how I can add a Java method to the service task or were can I find the necessary information/documentation?
Thanks a lot.
Tom
Re: ServiceTask with Java [message #954027 is a reply to message #949209] Mon, 22 October 2012 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert Brodt

Hmm...this should work. Is it possible for you to post the bpmn file here?
Re: ServiceTask with Java [message #954583 is a reply to message #954027] Tue, 23 October 2012 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Of course. It is a very simple example. I describe my steps to create the workflow.
- Create a new BPMN2 Diagram
- Select Diagram Type: Process
- Add ServiceTask between StartEvent and EndEvent
- Klick on the ServiceTask
- Open Properties View for Service Task

Then I am only able to select a available operation from a combobox. But the combobox is empty.
Perhaps I have a inconsistent installation. I try to install BPMN2.0 Model Editor first ( http://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/bpmn2-nightly/ws/org.eclipse.bpmn2.site/target/site) but it does not work. So I searched the internet and found a solution for this problem. I have to install the Eclipse BPMN 2.0 Plug-in ( http://download.eclipse.org/bpmn2-modeler/site/) first. After I install Eclipse BPMN 2.0 Plug-in I have no problems to install also the Editor.

Annother input. I also try the war file for tomcat. With the web solution I can create a ServiceTask with the referenced Class and operation. I export the file and try to open it via the eclipse plugin. It works. But I get a null pointer exception if I try to open the Properties -> Interfaces -> OperationList -> DoubleClick on the operation.

Ahm: Please give me an email - adresse because I am not allowed to add attachements to the topics. Sorry

Thanks Tom

[Updated on: Tue, 23 October 2012 06:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ServiceTask with Java [message #959127 is a reply to message #954583] Fri, 26 October 2012 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for testing the editor; it looks like this is a bug in the Service Task property sheets. Can you please file a bugzilla report here:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=BPMN2Modeler
and we'll address this in the next service release.

Bob
Re: ServiceTask with Java [message #962944 is a reply to message #959127] Mon, 29 October 2012 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Bob,

thanks for the information. I added a file to the bugzilla.

Thanks

Thomas
Re: ServiceTask with Java [message #964380 is a reply to message #962944] Tue, 30 October 2012 13:24 Go to previous message

Thank you Thomas, This should be fixed in the next service release coming soon.

Bob
Previous Topic:Generate Diagram from Model?
Next Topic:Script task doesn't display Script Format dropdown
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 23 05:58:00 GMT 2014