Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Birt 4.2 viewer multilanguage
icon5.gif  Birt 4.2 viewer multilanguage [message #946640] Tue, 16 October 2012 11:13 Go to next message
Blaine Mising name is currently offline Blaine Mising nameFriend
I developed a multilanguage web application. The users can choose the language and reports are shown in selected language, they work fine, but the viewer doesn't change language, always show messages in english. I thought that it was multilanguage.

I implented viewer in my web application. I changed some jsp files and I implemented datepicker functionality.

I saw that viewer call BirtResources.getMessage function to get texts but I don't know where the properties files are.

For example, processing window (ProgressBarFragment.jsp) calls BirtResources.getMessage("birt.viewer.progressbar.prompt") function to get the "processing, please wait..." text.

I can change this calls, implement my own function and get texts for other properties files. For example: birt_texts_lang_country.property but I don't if it's the best solution.

Is there a better solution?

[Updated on: Tue, 16 October 2012 16:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Birt 4.2 viewer multilanguage [message #947392 is a reply to message #946640] Wed, 17 October 2012 03:43 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Take a look at this post:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/933865/#msg_933865

Jason
Previous Topic:Eclipse debug perspective issue with required report parameters
Next Topic:Display Birt engine report on iPad
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:24:50 GMT 2024