Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » missing tracing tab
missing tracing tab [message #130750] Tue, 03 June 2008 14:36 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: ebraun.site.uottawa.ca

Hi,

I am trying to get execution trace form a java program and several web pages
I read about it including the help in eclipse talk about the *tracing tab*
in the run dialog. The problem is I don't see any such dialog. There is no
such tab in my run dialog, debug dialog or profile dialog.

For example http://www.developer.com/java/ent/article.php/10933_3702056_ 1
shows a run dialog with a tracing tab. Is there a plug-in I need for this?
If so, what is it called?

PS: I am running eclipse 3.3 and the TPTP plugin 4.4

Thanks,

eb
Re: missing tracing tab [message #130763 is a reply to message #130750] Tue, 03 June 2008 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: merks.ca.ibm.com

eb,

Please don't broadcast your question to such a large set of newsgroups.
Why ask anywhere other than on the TPTP newsgroup?


eb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get execution trace form a java program and several web
> pages
> I read about it including the help in eclipse talk about the *tracing
> tab*
> in the run dialog. The problem is I don't see any such dialog. There
> is no
> such tab in my run dialog, debug dialog or profile dialog.
>
> For example http://www.developer.com/java/ent/article.php/10933_3702056_ 1
> shows a run dialog with a tracing tab. Is there a plug-in I need for
> this?
> If so, what is it called?
>
> PS: I am running eclipse 3.3 and the TPTP plugin 4.4
>
> Thanks,
>
> eb
>
>
Re: missing tracing tab [message #130866 is a reply to message #130763] Tue, 03 June 2008 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: ebraun.site.uottawa.ca

I am asking the question to eclipse groups that are related with testing,
debugging, dynamic analysis or dynamic execution data collection. I have
seen the tracing tab in literature that is not related to TPTP. It appears
to be in the general run/debug dialog. This is why I did not limit this
question to only the TPTP group.

May be technology.examples and technology.memory-analzer were boarder line.
I have taken those out.

I hope this clarifies my question and gets me closer to an answer.

eb


"Ed Merks" <merks@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:g23m2a$49v$2@build.eclipse.org...
> eb,
>
> Please don't broadcast your question to such a large set of newsgroups.
> Why ask anywhere other than on the TPTP newsgroup?
>
>
> eb wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to get execution trace form a java program and several web
>> pages
>> I read about it including the help in eclipse talk about the *tracing
>> tab*
>> in the run dialog. The problem is I don't see any such dialog. There is
>> no
>> such tab in my run dialog, debug dialog or profile dialog.
>>
>> For example http://www.developer.com/java/ent/article.php/10933_3702056_ 1
>> shows a run dialog with a tracing tab. Is there a plug-in I need for
>> this?
>> If so, what is it called?
>>
>> PS: I am running eclipse 3.3 and the TPTP plugin 4.4
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> eb
>>
>>
Re: missing tracing tab [message #130878 is a reply to message #130866] Tue, 03 June 2008 19:01 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: merks.ca.ibm.com

eb,

It appears on the run configurations for Eclipse Application and OSGi
Framework. I.e., Use Run->Run Configurations..., create a new Eclipse
Application or OSGi Framework (using icon or popup), and then you'll see
a Tracing tab. You'll find that people tend get annoyed if you post to
many newsgroups at once, so best to avoid that in the future. Many
people watch the platform and newcomer news groups, so if in doubt, ask
only on one of those.


eb wrote:
> I am asking the question to eclipse groups that are related with
> testing, debugging, dynamic analysis or dynamic execution data
> collection. I have seen the tracing tab in literature that is not
> related to TPTP. It appears to be in the general run/debug dialog.
> This is why I did not limit this question to only the TPTP group.
>
> May be technology.examples and technology.memory-analzer were boarder
> line. I have taken those out.
>
> I hope this clarifies my question and gets me closer to an answer.
>
> eb
>
>
> "Ed Merks" <merks@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
> news:g23m2a$49v$2@build.eclipse.org...
>> eb,
>>
>> Please don't broadcast your question to such a large set of
>> newsgroups. Why ask anywhere other than on the TPTP newsgroup?
>>
>>
>> eb wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to get execution trace form a java program and several
>>> web pages
>>> I read about it including the help in eclipse talk about the
>>> *tracing tab*
>>> in the run dialog. The problem is I don't see any such dialog.
>>> There is no
>>> such tab in my run dialog, debug dialog or profile dialog.
>>>
>>> For example
>>> http://www.developer.com/java/ent/article.php/10933_3702056_ 1
>>> shows a run dialog with a tracing tab. Is there a plug-in I need
>>> for this?
>>> If so, what is it called?
>>>
>>> PS: I am running eclipse 3.3 and the TPTP plugin 4.4
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> eb
>>>
>>>
>
Previous Topic:Reusable Thread Error in standard mode
Next Topic:Out of Memory and Not Starting
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Oct 01 20:32:10 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02789 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software