Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » NullPointerException when trying to profile
NullPointerException when trying to profile [message #129776] Mon, 05 May 2008 19:03 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: dmohr.cs.unm.edu

Hi,
I just installed tptp and wanted to profile an application of mine.
However, after I select the settings, i.e. main class, parameters &
memory or performance timing, and click Ok, I just get a crash:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException
Agent Controller is unavailable under port 10002. Make sure that the
service is started and the port number is correct under preferences.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.iac.administrator.internal.startst op.AutoStartStop.hasProcessTerminated(AutoStartStop.java:275 )
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.iac.administrator.internal.startst op.AutoStartStop.startIAC(AutoStartStop.java:113)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.execution.client.core.internal.Nod eImpl.connect(NodeImpl.java:102)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.execution.util.internal.AgentContr ollerFactory$EstablishConnection.run(AgentControllerFactory. java:126)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Eclipse Version: 3.3.2
I installed tptp through the pre-defined eclipse update site, and I have
i.e. TPTP Core Platform Execution Framework v4.4.100.200802221314 (other
TPTP components version number varies).

Any help would be appreciated!

~David
Re: NullPointerException when trying to profile [message #129946 is a reply to message #129776] Fri, 09 May 2008 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: dmohr.cs.unm.edu

David Mohr wrote:
> Hi,
> I just installed tptp and wanted to profile an application of mine.
> However, after I select the settings, i.e. main class, parameters &
> memory or performance timing, and click Ok, I just get a crash:
>
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException
> Agent Controller is unavailable under port 10002. Make sure that the
> service is started and the port number is correct under preferences.
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.platform.iac.administrator.internal.startst op.AutoStartStop.hasProcessTerminated(AutoStartStop.java:275 )
>
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.platform.iac.administrator.internal.startst op.AutoStartStop.startIAC(AutoStartStop.java:113)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.platform.execution.client.core.internal.Nod eImpl.connect(NodeImpl.java:102)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.platform.execution.util.internal.AgentContr ollerFactory$EstablishConnection.run(AgentControllerFactory. java:126)
>
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>
> Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Eclipse Version: 3.3.2
> I installed tptp through the pre-defined eclipse update site, and I have
> i.e. TPTP Core Platform Execution Framework v4.4.100.200802221314 (other
> TPTP components version number varies).
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

So maybe it'd be a useful piece of info that I'm using java 1.6. I
haven't been able to find some documents saying whether tptp now is
compatible with 1.6 or not...

I tried to create a project and specified jre 1.5 in eclipse, but I
still got the same error. But of course it was still run in the same
jdk. Switching back to 1.5 to test if that works seems like a lot of
hassle though...

~David
Re: NullPointerException when trying to profile [message #129970 is a reply to message #129946] Mon, 12 May 2008 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: alexander.n.alexeev.intel.com

Hi, David

Could you provide additional information about your environment?

What OS do you use?
Do you have any firewalls on your host (including Windows firewall)
configured?

Also you can try last stable build M7 from tptp download page, only agent
controller or "...tptp.runtime.allInOne..." packages.

Thanks,
Alex.
Re: NullPointerException when trying to profile [message #129983 is a reply to message #129970] Mon, 12 May 2008 12:04 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: dmohr.cs.unm.edu

Alexander N. Alexeev wrote:
> Hi, David
>
> Could you provide additional information about your environment?
>
> What OS do you use? Do you have any firewalls on your host (including
> Windows firewall) configured?

I'm running this on Gentoo Linux. I have a firewall, but localhost is
completely open.

> Also you can try last stable build M7 from tptp download page, only
> agent controller or "...tptp.runtime.allInOne..." packages.

I'll give that a shot, thanks.

> Thanks,
> Alex.

~David
Previous Topic:tptp profiling in batch-mode?
Next Topic:Profiling Tomcat Servlet - No Events
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Aug 01 20:30:13 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01832 seconds