Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Project Explorer Context Menu missing(Context Menu missing)
Project Explorer Context Menu missing [message #938081] Tue, 09 October 2012 14:28 Go to next message
Axel B is currently offline Axel BFriend
Hello,

in c/c++ View i can't get the Context Menue with a right click in the Project Explorer. Is this a known Bug, or do i have to enable something in the configuration?

When i select a Java View there is everything ok.

Thanks

Axel
icon8.gif  Re: Project Explorer Context Menu missing [message #946390 is a reply to message #938081] Tue, 16 October 2012 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
~1200 views and not even a hint. Confused

Was my problem to simple? Do i only have this Problem? Is it OffTopic?

I solved it by myself.

After a clean new install it worked for me.

Thanks for your ... help!

Re: Project Explorer Context Menu missing [message #946393 is a reply to message #946390] Tue, 16 October 2012 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
All the other C/C++ views are working correctly? Did you close and reopen the Project Explorer view?

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Project Explorer Context Menu missing [message #946458 is a reply to message #946393] Tue, 16 October 2012 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As i explained before. This Prob exists *only* in the C/C++ View.
In a new Project also.

Under the Java View everything is ok.

Today i have a new Problem. I can't delete a Project out of the Project Explorer in the C/C++ View. The Entree delete ist left in the Context Menu like described in the Eclipse Help Patform http://help.eclipse.org/juno/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/tasks/tasks-42b.htm?cp=0_3_5_2. But this is a new Topic....

I think Juno and the CDT is totally crap and therefore not usable in a productive Environment at the Moment.

I switch back to Indigo or Helios.

Thanks
Re: Project Explorer Context Menu missing [message #947561 is a reply to message #946458] Wed, 17 October 2012 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After a few day with a working new install of Eclipse, i have this Problem again.

No Context Menu under the Project Explorer.

I have started a Bug Request. Sad
Re: Project Explorer Context Menu missing [message #947737 is a reply to message #946458] Wed, 17 October 2012 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Axel B wrote on Tue, 16 October 2012 10:06

I think Juno and the CDT is totally crap and therefore not usable in a productive Environment at the Moment.

I switch back to Indigo or Helios.

Thanks

Yeah, I also had many problems with the Juno build. After the RC1 upgrade things are a little better.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Project Explorer Context Menu missing [message #948924 is a reply to message #947737] Thu, 18 October 2012 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Axel,

It is not only a buggy Eclipse.
What is the reason that many user in this board get no answers to their questions?

Sometimes thousand of views and no reaction.

Axel
Re: Project Explorer Context Menu missing [message #949041 is a reply to message #947561] Thu, 18 October 2012 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yevgeny Shifrin is currently offline Yevgeny ShifrinFriend
Could you please post the bug number?

Thanks,
Yevgeny
Re: Project Explorer Context Menu missing [message #978058 is a reply to message #938081] Fri, 09 November 2012 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jurica Jurjevic is currently offline Jurica JurjevicFriend
Same here - any updates?

Indigo worked perfect but Juno hast this context bug. Unfortunately, I cant go back to Indio.

I need a solution.

Thanks,
JJ
Re: Project Explorer Context Menu missing [message #978847 is a reply to message #978058] Sat, 10 November 2012 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
Hello,

Quote:
Indigo worked perfect but Juno hast this context bug. Unfortunately, I cant go back to Indio.

Why? What is so special in Juno?

Quote:
I need a solution.

Use Juno 3.8.1?

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/eclipse3x.php

My recommendation is to download the "Platform Runtime Binary" version and than install the required plugins via Help -> Install New Software...

regards,
Klaus

Re: Project Explorer Context Menu missing [message #986801 is a reply to message #938081] Wed, 21 November 2012 16:59 Go to previous message
Kris Groves is currently offline Kris GrovesFriend
I have the same problem. No context menu in project explorer view in the C/C++ perspective...

I went to Window->Show View, and saw a view called C/C++ Projects. So I opened this view. It pops up in the same area as the project explorer view, and the context menu works. Enjoy.
Previous Topic:Change language?
Next Topic:how to set include path
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:38:35 GMT 2024