Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Display other properties in EMF tree editor
Display other properties in EMF tree editor [message #936808] Mon, 08 October 2012 07:09 Go to next message
Elhamlaoui Mahmoud is currently offline Elhamlaoui Mahmoud
Messages: 248
Registered: March 2010
Senior Member
Hi,

I try to display other properties instead of than name which the default attribue in the emf based editor, with no success.

Any ideas??
Re: Display other properties in EMF tree editor [message #936826 is a reply to message #936808] Mon, 08 October 2012 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed Merks
Messages: 25746
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
What did you try?

On 08/10/2012 1:09 PM, elhamlaoui Mising name wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to display other properties instead of than name which the
> default attribue in the emf based editor, with no success.
>
> Any ideas??
Re: Display other properties in EMF tree editor [message #936916 is a reply to message #936826] Mon, 08 October 2012 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elhamlaoui Mahmoud is currently offline Elhamlaoui Mahmoud
Messages: 248
Registered: March 2010
Senior Member
Hi Ed,
In the tree based editor (TBE) of an ecore model, by default you have the name of the attribute that is diplayed, what i need to do is show on the TBE other elements for my metamodel rather than the name attribue.
sorry for my english
Re: Display other properties in EMF tree editor [message #937079 is a reply to message #936916] Mon, 08 October 2012 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed Merks
Messages: 25746
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
So it sounds like you haven't tried anything yet...

In the Generator editor you can choose for a GenClass, which feature
will be used as the label. For more complex things, you can modify the
getText method of the generated item provider.

On 08/10/2012 3:27 PM, elhamlaoui Mising name wrote:
> Hi Ed,
> In the tree based editor (TBE) of an ecore model, by default you have
> the name of the attribute that is diplayed, what i need to do is show
> on the TBE other elements for my metamodel rather than the name attribue.
> sorry for my english
Re: Display other properties in EMF tree editor [message #937116 is a reply to message #937079] Mon, 08 October 2012 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elhamlaoui Mahmoud is currently offline Elhamlaoui Mahmoud
Messages: 248
Registered: March 2010
Senior Member
I see, in fact i create the model with the EMF MODEL, an epsilon project. It allows to have a model instance without generating any code. So i think its not possible to solve the problem without generating code. Is that so?
Thanks Ed
Re: Display other properties in EMF tree editor [message #937268 is a reply to message #937116] Mon, 08 October 2012 17:01 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed Merks
Messages: 25746
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Yes, in that case you only get what the reflective editor gives you,
which are default you can't tailor.

On 08/10/2012 7:26 PM, elhamlaoui Mising name wrote:
> I see, in fact i create the model with the EMF MODEL, an epsilon
> project. It allows to have a model instance without generating any
> code. So i think its not possible to solve the problem without
> generating code. Is that so?
> Thanks Ed
Previous Topic:Writing files to be imported as EMF models...
Next Topic:Serialize only selected objects....
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Apr 19 06:07:34 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01675 seconds