Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Starting RCP with workspace: autrun.exe and -data option(Having trouble)
Starting RCP with workspace: autrun.exe and -data option [message #934034] Fri, 05 October 2012 15:36 Go to next message
Alejo Abdala is currently offline Alejo AbdalaFriend
Hi, I'm having trouble starting my RCP so as it does not prompt for a workspace. I managed to do this from the ITE but now i'm trying to make things happen in a CI environment and i'm trying to start the AUT with autrun.exe.

This is the command i'm executing:
START ./target/jubula/server/autrun.exe -rcp --workingdir c:\Mule-Tooling\org.mule.tooling.jubula.test/target/MuleStudio  --autid "AUT MuleStudio" --kblayout en_US --autagenthost localhost --autagentport 60000 --exec c:\Mule-Tooling\org.mule.tooling.jubula.test/target/MuleStudio/MuleStudio.exe -data c:\Mule-Tooling\org.mule.tooling.jubula.test/target/studioworkspace

I've tried several variations on that last part (-data"C:...", -data "C:...", all the --exec param wrapped in "...", etc), but I can't seem to solve this on my own. The RCP starts but prompts for a workspace all the same.

Any clues?

Thanks!
Re: Starting RCP with workspace: autrun.exe and -data option [message #934171 is a reply to message #934034] Fri, 05 October 2012 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As of now I'm working around this issue doing this:

<mkdir dir="${path-to-RCP-installation}/configuration/.settings" />
<propertyfile file="${path-to-RCP-installation}/configuration/.settings/org.eclipse.ui.ide.prefs">
	<entry key="MAX_RECENT_WORKSPACES" value="1" />
	<entry key="RECENT_WORKSPACES" value="${desired-workspace-location}" />
	<entry key="RECENT_WORKSPACES_PROTOCOL" value="3" />
	<entry key="SHOW_WORKSPACE_SELECTION_DIALOG" value="false" />
	<entry key="eclipse.preferences.version" value="1" />
</propertyfile>

This is a piece of ant code (either that you build with ant or with maven+antrun plugin) that creates and specifies the configuration file where RCPs search for their workspace-startup configuration. Set the value of RECENT_WORKSPACES to the workspace directory you want to use.

Hope it helps, still hoping to hear some help my problem with autrun.exe Smile
Re: Starting RCP with workspace: autrun.exe and -data option [message #938960 is a reply to message #934171] Wed, 10 October 2012 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Ziesel is currently offline Felix ZieselFriend
Hi Alejo,

is it possible for you to use testexec instead of autrun?

Regards,
Felix
Re: Starting RCP with workspace: autrun.exe and -data option [message #939138 is a reply to message #934034] Wed, 10 October 2012 13:11 Go to previous message
Hi Felix, I'm starting the AUT via autrun in order to decouple the test execution configuration from the environment it will be deployed in.

In more concrete terms: if I don't use autrun, I have to pre-establish the AUT configuration (executable path, workspace path) in the database and pass along it's ID to testexec.

Using autrun, I can determine these parameters dynamically on my maven build. I extract my RCP on a /target folder relative to the maven project that is executing the tests. This way I could even register different agents to run the build, and not worry about where it will be deployed, as long as it is a Windows machine. I could manage profiles to the maven configuration add specific directives for each OS though, and have a truly OS-independent maven project that runs the integration tests.
Previous Topic:Beginner in Jubula!!
Next Topic:Jubula autrun and autid
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:14:13 GMT 2024