Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How to stack views dependent on another view being present(Stacking views dynamically)
How to stack views dependent on another view being present [message #933893] Fri, 05 October 2012 12:39
Jonathan Jekeli is currently offline Jonathan JekeliFriend
Currently I am working on a project that has a lot of different plug-ins, some of which I cannot edit. I need to add my plug-in as a view to another plug-in that contains the perspective, however the perspective plug-in cannot rely on my plug-in. Therefore I have to add my plug-in as a view to the perspective using the perspective extensions in the plug-in.xml. However, I want it to stack on another plug-ins view at the bottom of the screen if that plug-in exists. However, that plug-in will not always exist; it depends on the features that the customer selects at run-time. Is there a way either:
A) Use the plug-in.xml to determine if a view exists, and then stack on it, or
B) Use code to dynamically check if a plug-in exists, and add my view to a perspective, keeping in mind that I cannot do this in the actual Perspective class.

Thanks!! Hope i expressed that clearly enough.
Previous Topic:how can I expand the editor in eclipse?
Next Topic:Set input for a ViewPart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:04:46 GMT 2024