Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Use GMF diagram only as a viewer rather than a editor
Use GMF diagram only as a viewer rather than a editor [message #933000] Thu, 04 October 2012 16:38 Go to next message
Martin Jacob is currently offline Martin JacobFriend
Hi,

I am using GMF diagram only to view. The XMI file containing the information of nodes and edges is
generated by another program. As I have in my current example 10,000 nodes and about 15,000 edges to
open the diagram takes quite a while.
I already removed the labels of the edges but the time did reduce only 15% and takes still a long time.

I found the time spend to open the diagram updates all the AncestorHelpers. I imagine these are used
for editing only.

Is there a way to remove the edit functionality? I do not need to draw new edges or to add nodes but
I still want to bend existing edges.

Regards, Martin
Re: Use GMF diagram only as a viewer rather than a editor [message #934251 is a reply to message #933000] Fri, 05 October 2012 19:47 Go to previous message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

I don't know which part you can remove or not. i think that you should try and you will see Smile

Otherwise, an idea to improve performance will be to use a binary serialization. This is something done in EMF but not yet in GMF. But if it is really important, I think that it will be a good way to improve the overall performance.

Regards,

EDIT: if you are ok not to be able to move even edges, you can open a diagram in read-only mode: http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.gmf.doc/howto/diagram/howto.html

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team

[Updated on: Fri, 05 October 2012 19:54]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Show EObject in Diagram
Next Topic:EMF compare and merge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:39:42 GMT 2024