Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Proposals » Show project by window(Files in a window for a particular project)
Show project by window [message #932240] Thu, 04 October 2012 00:21 Go to next message
Dag Lyberg is currently offline Dag LybergFriend
Messages: 4
Registered: October 2012
Junior Member
This is my first question in this forum. Sorry if I do not know the right forum to put this question.

Whenever I open a files in a window from different projects, all the files closed in the last window will be opened next time when Eclipsed is started.

I wonder if there is a way to have files open in a particular window. That way, I would no longer have to open and close files whenever I switch from one project to a another. It might be 20 files sometimes. It is annoying. Evil or Very Mad

Does anybody know a plugin or something that can, e.g., name particular windows where files are automatically reopened after the previous session? This can be specific to a project.
Re: Show project by window [message #932424 is a reply to message #932240] Thu, 04 October 2012 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Beaton is currently offline Wayne BeatonFriend
Messages: 503
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I think that what you're looking for is a way to manage the windows you
have open on a task-by-task basis. You should have a look at Mylyn [1].

Mylyn makes tasks a first-class part of your development process. When
you activate a task, Mylyn watches what you do and keeps an 'interest
model' based on your activities. It uses that interest model to filter
views to show only the things (classes, methods, etc.) that you care about.

As a bonus, it keeps track of the windows you have open, how parts of
the window are folded, cursor position, etc. When you later reactivate
the task, Mylyn restores your workbench to the previous state.

The best part is that you probably already have it installed. You just
have to turn it on (start from the "Tasks" view).

There are some videos, presentations, and other helpful pieces of
information on the link I provided.

HTH,

Wayne

[1] http://eclipse.org/mylyn/start/

On 10/03/2012 08:21 PM, Dag Lyberg wrote:
> This is my first question in this forum. Sorry if I do not know the
> right forum to put this question.
>
> Whenever I open a files in a window from different projects, all the
> files closed in the last window will be opened next time when Eclipsed
> is started.
>
> I wonder if there is a way to have files open in a particular window.
> That way, I would no longer have to open and close files whenever I
> switch from one project to a another. It might be 20 files sometimes. It
> is annoying. :evil:
> Does anybody know a plugin or something that can, e.g., name particular
> windows where files are automatically reopened after the previous
> session? This can be specific to a project.
Re: Show project by window [message #933186 is a reply to message #932240] Thu, 04 October 2012 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dag Lyberg is currently offline Dag LybergFriend
Messages: 4
Registered: October 2012
Junior Member
Mylyn looks good. It seems to make it able to plan and schedule events in a programmming project. This is not what I was asking for, but it might have other benefits. For example, by making categories, tasks and subtasks of things to do, you know are automatically remember what files were relevant for each such thing.

I would still have to close and open the relevant files manually. I have not seen yet that it keeps tracks of what windows I have open, but I will see eventually if that is true.

Thanks.
Re: Show project by window [message #933239 is a reply to message #933186] Thu, 04 October 2012 21:39 Go to previous message
Wayne Beaton is currently offline Wayne BeatonFriend
Messages: 503
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 10/04/2012 04:24 PM, Dag Lyberg wrote:
> I would still have to close and open the relevant files manually. I have
> not seen yet that it keeps tracks of what windows I have open, but I
> will see eventually if that is true.

Look harder :-)

Create a task. Activate it. Open a bunch of editors. Deactivate the
task. The editors will all close.

Now activate the task again.

Bask in the glory of Mylyn.

HTH,

Wayne
Previous Topic:version for android tablets
Next Topic:Autocorrect - the apple way
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Nov 23 21:24:04 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02023 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software