Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to show or enable/disable parameters depending other parameters?
icon5.gif  How to show or enable/disable parameters depending other parameters? [message #929249] Mon, 01 October 2012 10:11 Go to next message
Blaine Mising name is currently offline Blaine Mising nameFriend
I want to do a report for show products list.
How can I enable/disable or hide/show a paremeter depending other parameter value?

For example, I want to show in the parameters window, a parameter list box containing all the brands. If the user selects a brand of the list box, all prodcuts will be shown in the report, but if the user selects the empty value of the list box, I want to show/enable a parameter in which user can put the id of a product, then only the product

How Can I do it?

[Updated on: Mon, 01 October 2012 11:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to show or enable/disable parameters depending other parameters? [message #929668 is a reply to message #929249] Mon, 01 October 2012 16:50 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

By default the BIRT Viewer parameter boxes will not do this. You either have to modify them or create your own parameter box. You could do a cascaded parameter that list all brands in a drop down and depending what the user chooses a second level in the cascade will show different values. This approach means that the end use will always see both parameters though.

Jason
Previous Topic:Birt - Oracle forms
Next Topic:BIRT Chart Drill-Through issue with Scripted Data Source
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:19:19 GMT 2024