Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » EJB3
EJB3 [message #125272] Sun, 24 July 2005 10:05 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: mathias.kluba.laposte.net

Is a version of WTP planned with the support of the EJB3?
Re: EJB3 [message #171781 is a reply to message #125272] Wed, 21 June 2006 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: wknauf_NO_._INSIDE_hg-online.de

After one year, the same questions arises again. Is there some document around
or could someone tell me what items of the EJB3 standard are covered by WTP1.5+
or Dali ?

Best regards

Wolfgang

Mathias Kluba wrote:
> Is a version of WTP planned with the support of the EJB3?
Re: EJB3 [message #172008 is a reply to message #171781] Thu, 22 June 2006 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vlad Varnica is currently offline Vlad Varnica
Messages: 546
Registered: July 2009
Location: Milton Keynes - UK
Senior Member
Hello Wolgang,

You need both projects, WTP and Dali to cover EJB3 needs.
Meetbeans :-) is currently providing a very good EJB3 modeling solution
for free.
I think it is important to immediately provide a profesional EJB3
solution within Eclipse in order to avoid loosing J2ee users going back
to Netbeans.

As a fondation member, Omondo will therefore provide a new EclipseUML
Free Edition for EJB3 (including DALI + WTP + EclipseUML + GEF + EMF +
UML 2) at the end of the summer. It will be free, better than the
existing EJB3 solutions, and could be used for professional projects.
You will have to wait till the beginning of september to download it
from http://www.ejb3.org/
EJB3 is great, adding modeling within Eclipse will make it very cool !!

--
Vladimir VARNICA
OMONDO
7, rue Saint-Hélène 75013 Paris - France
Eclipse and OMG member
French Java Usergroup coordinator




Wolfgang Knauf wrote:
> After one year, the same questions arises again. Is there some document
> around or could someone tell me what items of the EJB3 standard are
> covered by WTP1.5+ or Dali ?
>
> Best regards
>
> Wolfgang
>
> Mathias Kluba wrote:
>
>> Is a version of WTP planned with the support of the EJB3?
Re: EJB3 [message #172244 is a reply to message #172008] Fri, 23 June 2006 07:36 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: wknauf_NO_._INSIDE_hg-online.de

Hi Vladimir,

thanks for your reply. But I am not looking for a professional toolkit, just
wanted to have an overview of how far WTP/Dali covers EJB3 ;-).

Best regards

Wolfgang

VARNICA wrote:
> Hello Wolgang,
>
> You need both projects, WTP and Dali to cover EJB3 needs.
> Meetbeans :-) is currently providing a very good EJB3 modeling solution
> for free.
> I think it is important to immediately provide a profesional EJB3
> solution within Eclipse in order to avoid loosing J2ee users going back
> to Netbeans.
>
> As a fondation member, Omondo will therefore provide a new EclipseUML
> Free Edition for EJB3 (including DALI + WTP + EclipseUML + GEF + EMF +
> UML 2) at the end of the summer. It will be free, better than the
> existing EJB3 solutions, and could be used for professional projects.
> You will have to wait till the beginning of september to download it
> from http://www.ejb3.org/
> EJB3 is great, adding modeling within Eclipse will make it very cool !!
>
Previous Topic:Validate XML files after modifying schema
Next Topic:Eclipse 3.2 with WTP
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Jul 24 11:40:32 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.07070 seconds