Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Process for adding custom language validation for Eclipse 3.x RCP?
Process for adding custom language validation for Eclipse 3.x RCP? [message #923552] Wed, 26 September 2012 02:03
Jim Klo is currently offline Jim KloFriend
Hi,

I've got basically a custom DSL editor and visualizer thats built Eclipse 3 RCP project.

I've been asked to add error annotations into the source editor. I've kind of pieced together various pieces, but It's unclear to me on how to put what I've learned all together.

I've learned that i need to add an AnnotationPainter into the SourceViewer to get the annotations to display as I've pieced together in this example here: gist.github.com/4d6a8e338ee4bba1561e (also linked attached to post).

Now where I'm totally lost is where do listen to document updates to pass to my DSL parser to determine syntax errors and such? I've seen references to reconcileValidator extension points - but that doesn't seem to be available in RCP 3 - and not sure if SourceViewerConfiguration.getPresentationReconciler is the right place either.

If it's getPresentationReconciler, do I implement a IPresentationDamager, IPresentationRepairer or both (like DefaultDamagerRepairer)?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• Attachment: Main.java
    (Size: 9.25KB, Downloaded 383 times)
Previous Topic:Combining pulldown and toggle styles for a command in the plugin.xml
Next Topic:[CDO] Multi master (clone)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:48:29 GMT 2024