Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sapphire » Setting up project
Setting up project [message #922840] Tue, 25 September 2012 11:44 Go to next message
Christian Eugster is currently offline Christian Eugster
Hi,

I recently discovered this project and it seems very interesting to me. But I do not success in setup a project. I don't know the prerequisites. Es there a tutorial around, that explains how to set up a sapphire project, what preconditions have to be fullfilled? I have not found any api, so everything is quite magic to me. Can anyone help me or give some hints?

Thank you!

Christian
Re: Setting up project [message #923064 is a reply to message #922840] Tue, 25 September 2012 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin Komissarchik
Hi Christian,

There is an intro article, but it does not cover project setup. That is an area where documentation is in need of improvement.

My getting started recommendation is as follows:

1. Install the latest version of Sapphire into your Eclipse. If you manage your dev eclipse separately from your target platform, Sapphire needs to be present in both. If you don't know what that is talking about, don't worry. By default, the Eclipse you are running is your target platform.

2. Import Sapphire samples project into your workspace. You will find a zip of the samples listed next to the framework repository for each release of Sapphire. Verify that the imported samples are building cleanly. This will confirm correctness of step #1.

3. Review the intro article and dive into the samples. A runnable version of the code used in the intro article is one of samples. Start there and branch out to other samples.

4. Practice by making a few changes to the samples. Add a constraint to an existing property. Add a new property to model and UI.

5. Once you feel confident to start your own project, compare the configuration of your project to the sample's project. You will initially need to add dependencies on Sapphire bundles in manifest.mf and enable annotation processing under project properties -> Java Compiler -> Annotation Processing. Once you get close to needing to build your plugin for distribution, you will also need customBuildCallback.xml like the one in the samples project. It is wired in in project's build.properties file.

http://www.eclipse.org/sapphire/releases/

As you progress, if something is unclear, ask questions on this forum.

- Konstantin
Re: Setting up project [message #923767 is a reply to message #923064] Wed, 26 September 2012 07:19 Go to previous message
Christian Eugster is currently offline Christian Eugster
Thank you Konstantin,

I am shure this helps me to step into.

Christian
Previous Topic:Horizontally aligned checkboxes
Next Topic:Sapphire at GitHub
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 31 13:42:43 GMT 2014